Wentz's 2nd Gen Pickup Build

wentz912

Observer
Clay said:
It will vary depending on vehicle. How you do it is take all the shocks off, then drive up a ramp of some sort untill a tire comes off of the ground. Then you measure the length from eye to eye of all four corners and this will give you the measurements you will need to order the correct shock. What you need is a measurement for the collapsed height of the shock and one for the expanded height of the shock. It will be different front and rear, but should be the same from side to side if that makes sense? Once you have those numbers go to a 4x4 shop and order them up.

Yeah that makes sense, I was actually asking for a decent brand to go with though. A company with a good bang-for-your-buck product that I'll be able to spin off again when I upgrade suspension to something that will require longer shocks.

I'd like a product of decent quality without breaking the bank is basically what I'm getting at here.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
that truck needs a full OME suspension and some 33x9.50's... Put some bfg AT's on and get a set of old cheapo farm tires for the nasty wheeling (I'm from Oregon so I feel ya on the muck and mud eh). Finish it off with bumpers/sliders of your choice and a locker and that thing will go anywhere...

Cheers

Dave

wentz912

Observer
4Rescue said:
that truck needs a full OME suspension and some 33x9.50's... Put some bfg AT's on and get a set of old cheapo farm tires for the nasty wheeling (I'm from Oregon so I feel ya on the muck and mud eh). Finish it off with bumpers/sliders of your choice and a locker and that thing will go anywhere...

Cheers

Dave

I'm leaning more and more that way from the longer spring 'crawler kits and such every day. It's actually more affordable too IIRC.

I'm actually passing up a set of them right now, just flat out can't afford anything right now. There's a full set of 4 down in vancouver with 90-95% tread (according to the owner) mounted on aluminum centerlines and he only wants $350 for the set. :mad: Why am I always broke when I find these deals?

I will definitely be installing a locker of some sort when I return from my Army business this summer and once again have some cash in hand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach