What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

Geek

Observer
Since putting the lift and 37's on a couple of weeks ago.. I hadn't had time to trim the rock rails. Finally made some time today.
I have about every type of saw you can imagine and was going to use my bandsaw.. but then realized that the miter saw might work best?
5-L.jpg

sure enough.. about as good of a cut as you could hope for and way better than I would have done with anything hand held.
6-L.jpg

hit the ends with rustoleum:
13-L.jpg

and then JB welded the end caps back in:
11-L.jpg

should clear nicely now:
7-XL.jpg

...although I don't know if I'm happy with the tire's position in the wheel well - might consider some longer control arms in the rear.

14-X3.jpg

I had to put the doors and windows back on to give it a bath - just in time to get it dirty again this weekend :cool:

Driveway poser pic :oops:
Drivewaywash-2167x1242.jpg

Presto88

Adventurer
Hey Geek. I know this if off-topic and I certainly don't want to distract from this thread, but what is that propeller thing in the second to last pic?

redthies

Renaissance Redneck

Geek

Observer
Correct. It is my flying machine :)

It is my Nirvana Rodeo mounted on a Carbon Trike.
You can remove/add the wheels in about 5 minutes depending on if you want to foot launch or wheel launch.

Wheel launch mode:
i-bCC8MkG-X2.jpg

Foot launch mode:
i-kK9bHm7-X2.jpg

My wing is a Dudek Universal.
i-Ww2g9xk-L.jpg

Sorry.. back on topic: Today on my jeep I installed a dead pedal :D
1-XL.jpg

Presto88

Adventurer
Wow! Thanks for the video link. I can't believe that guy unloaded the truck, set up the machine, flew around in a circle, landed, and then packed up the truck in 4 minutes! Wow.

Back on topic, I installed that exact dead-pedal in my JKU earlier this week. VERY happy with it!

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
The para-motor is cool, the Yeti is cool, the Jeep, meh (very respectful meh), and I suspect that might be a KTM but what is the story with all the tool cabinets?? You some kind of rocket surgeon? That's a serious shop space!

Zeiderman

Adventurer
The para-motor is cool, the Yeti is cool, the Jeep, meh (very respectful meh), and I suspect that might be a KTM but what is the story with all the tool cabinets?? You some kind of rocket surgeon? That's a serious shop space!
Haha, isn't that what every Expo shop looks like?

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shazpete