What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

GetOutThere

Adventurer
Not "today", but last week-ish I added a Warn Zeon 10s Platinum to the Jeep. It was a VERY tight fit. I actually had to cut a slot in the grille for the wireless control pack, er, wires. Personally I think it looks great, keeping with the "OEM" style of my build. Nothing too flashy. It does have a hook, just wasn't on yet. Also took care of the typical AEV bumper rust issue while I had it off.

IMG_3024.jpg

Today I did more boring minor things: Replaced one of the fog light surrounds/reflectors as the bulb somehow came unseated and melted the crap out of the original. Had a broken switch on my steering wheel replaced under warranty by the dealer monkeys, and used the pro-cal to set my tire size and pressure ranges.

Last edited:

Terra Firma

Finally got to do some exploring on the mountain today after an overhaul on the jeep.

28d3dd2a29833932ade26087eec4a809.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Lucky j

Explorer
Not something I did today, but something I did last spring and today is the result on a 3 days trip in the Maine's North Wood, driving last of a group of three.

Dust coming from the snorkle pre filter
image.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg

And dust clean out from the air filter.
image.jpg

I wounder what my lungs look like now, since I am mostly driving w/o top and doors.

Last edited:

MagicMtnDan

2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition & 2021 F350 6.7L
Not something I did today, but something I did last spring and today is the result on a 3 days trip in the Maine's North Wood, driving last of a group of three.

Dust coming from the snorkle pre filter
View attachment 368923
View attachment 368924
View attachment 368925

And dust clean out from the air filter.
View attachment 368927

I wounder what my lungs look like now, since I am mostly driving w/o top and doors.

What is that Pre-Filter? Never seen that before.

And stainless steel windshield hinges?

Lucky j

Explorer
The prefilter is I beleive from ARB installed in a costum fashion. I wanted to keep the snorkle experience I had with the full safari snorkle from my YJ, but wanted something lower profile and not as hight as the safari. But I can still go high if I want to, since the prefilter support is treaded pvc 3" pipe. I only need to make an exntension with male female tread.

The hinge, dang, Peace of shi... If you ask me, but they came with the LJ by PO when I got it last year. At 7999,00$ canadien (6500,00 us) for a 2005 with 70 000 miles, and top shape, you take what you get! :)

siebermd

Adventurer
So my 07 Jeep Rubicon was put to the challenge last weekend at the Vermont Overland Rally. Lots of sweet, twisty and technical trails. Of course I had my sway bar (electric) disconnected. But at the end of the day, it would not re-connect. The audible sounds told me the motor was working just fine. After repeated tries, and rolling over all sorts of terrain to get it to re-connect, I disconnected a link, gave it a wiggle and it hooked right up. I was a little frustrating, but I in the end, all is well.

DGarman

What could go wrong?
Having Jim Reel rebuild the front driveshaft on Ben....... the '77 J10.
I think this may be the original driveshaft......

Got my Gobi Rack mounted, installed my Adventure trailer combo slide, installed my Engel Fridge, and will be working on mounting my camera system tomorrow!

View attachment 368233
View attachment 368234
View attachment 368235
View attachment 368236

What snorkel is this? Did you have to make a cut out for it in the hood?
Jeep looks great!! Can't wait for my Gobi rack. Actually been waiting since June and still no ETA... not happy with Gobi right now, but great looking rack!! ;)

SilicaRich

Wandering Inverted
What snorkel is this? Did you have to make a cut out for it in the hood?
Jeep looks great!! Can't wait for my Gobi rack. Actually been waiting since June and still no ETA... not happy with Gobi right now, but great looking rack!! ;)

Really!? Gobi was awesome when I was contacting them about my rack and fitment issues. Then again, their popularity has skyrocketed over the last 2 years so demand is probably exceeding their output currently. I think they are due to expand fairly soon here

Cottontail

Easy Street on Mud Tires
Finally got some adjustable upper control arms for my XJ. I'm in the process of installing them. While I was working on it, I found out that the joint on my drivers side lower control arm is shot and, after months and months of tightening and loosening and swapping bolts on all my suspension parts, have found the source of my clunk! Now to order a rebuild kit.

I'm expecting it to drive like a new Jeep in another week!

Waiting on some adjustable sway bar links to arrive. Decided after 3 years without a sway bar to put one back on. It does drive like a different Jeep, no doubt, now that the control arm issue is done. The lower control arm joint was trashed, so the rebuild was a good move. I think I need to a bit more tweaking to the front pinion angle, but we'll see after my run to Land Between the Lakes next weekend. Haven't done much highway time with her yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3