What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
ditched the rear sway bar today while re-torquing the u-bolts, thing was in the way and it doesn't do anything anyways...

Yeah, removed mine about 9 months ago. I do notice it when towing, but in daily use, you would never know it was gone. It actually freed up the rear a bit and I think it handles better? Was not ideal as I am lifted so... Towing I notice a bit more sway, so I just keep it slower. Thought about making extended end links and popping it on for extended trailer trips...bah, too much work.

Going to go remove the Christmas lights today and maybe install some LED's if I have time.

Dirty_Jeeper

Adventurer
Put in all new breather lines for the axles, transfer case and distributor. All routed up to roof height. High and dry now. Forward lines into the snorkel and the rear into the corner pillar.

bldeagle10

Explorer
idk why nobody makes sway bar discos for the rear, it would stupid simple really, I think I may come up with something for it. it did seem to handle better and I got better flex off road today...

got my first taste of Death Wobble. wheeled it for the first time since I put the 2" "Lift" on and it did pretty damn good for having mostly worn out suspension and in dire need of front shocks. nothing crazy just a lot of really steep hills and such. came over a rise too quick, suspension decompressed and when I came down I got DW. luckily was a rise that came up onto a flat so it wasn't bad..

jomobco

Now Decanter
JW Speaker Fogs went in

Thanks to Nemesis for the bracket. I finally got my JW Speaker fog lights in.

Attachments

• JW Speaker.jpg
    JW Speaker.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 583

2000XJ13

Finally got around to installing my drop brackets and new coils. Now I am just waiting on my new controls arms to get here to complete it all.

SquareLJ

Observer
Installed RockHard roll cage, Novak transfer case shifter cable, and made a custom 3rd brake light.

PC300606.jpg

PC300600.jpg

PC300603.jpg

Gonna do the other stuff in the next couple of days hopefully.

88Xj

Banned
I fixed a few minor things. Gonna reinstall my 4x4 linkage tomorrow and my front bumper with my Hella's...and now thinking I need to hard wire in a few lights to get them to work:(
And I gotta fix my dang headlight switch to:( Jeez these jeeps.

Jakes01234

Explorer
Installed RockHard roll cage, Novak transfer case shifter cable, and made a custom 3rd brake light.

Gonna do the other stuff in the next couple of days hopefully.

Could you possibly take some pics of how your bumper is mounted?
Thanks
Jake

Jakes01234

Explorer
those are nice tie ins.. thanks.. just wanted to see how others did it mine is to bouncy it drives me nuts so one of these days i will gusset it more...

Jakes01234

Explorer
it makes me nervous so im going to switch it around.. i was thinking of this http://www.orfab.com/details.php?Application=Jeep&Part_Number=85201&Title=SWING%20AWAY%20TIRE/CAN%20CARRIER%20TJ%20&Active=Yes
So the weight of the tire can be on the body and the weight of the bumper and trailer can be on the frame tie in's.

I built my bumpers from scrap i had laying around my shop so its only time into them so i dont mind ditching the rear with spindle and making a new rear without spindle for tire carrier and getting that neat tub mounted one..

Jakes01234

Explorer
i forgot to add, with my original tie ins i was driving down my driveway and noticed my tire dangling a little low.. So i stopped and it was all being held on by one little bolt and nut..
I check all the time now and also upgraded to a much larger bolt and sturdier design on bumper but still only held on by 4 bolts..

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Picked up a pair of Grote 6" Halogen Lamps and a 48" Hi Lift for $100.00...lights are new with KC stone covers and the Hi Lift is an 8 out of 10. Also found out my MV-50 shipped out a few days ago. Getting there.
Greg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater