What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Almost got her confiscated for crossing on to a live fire military testing range during a classified weapons test!! BOOM! Almost.... Guess it's a good thing I've been in the Military for the past 17 years...:safari-rig::victory:

Yulli

Yulli the Yeti
Good score. Love hunting from Craigslist. Grabbed a $300 RAM computer mount for my Tahoe yesterday; $100. :D

I saw your post on Facebook about that. That's the mount I want to get. I obviously don't look on CL very much but that would have been perfect. I would have just bought the Jeep mount and swapped it out so it can't be mounted.

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
I saw your post on Facebook about that. That's the mount I want to get. I obviously don't look on CL very much but that would have been perfect. I would have just bought the Jeep mount and swapped it out so it can't be mounted.

I am going to try the setup in the Tahoe. If it doesn't workout for me in that rig, we can talk. Disadvantage of the JK mount is that it blocks the passenger seat quite a bit.

Septu

Explorer
Doors and top back on for summer :(

Isn't this backwards? I take the doors and roof off (and soft top on - we get too much rain to leave the roof off for any length of time). Doors came off this weekend - was a balmy 14C (50F?). Will leave the soft doors on for now, but they'll come off regularly for the rest of the summer. HT will come off once I have a patch of grass big enough to set it on (still a bunch of snow in the yard).

Yulli

Yulli the Yeti
I am going to try the setup in the Tahoe. If it doesn't workout for me in that rig, we can talk. Disadvantage of the JK mount is that it blocks the passenger seat quite a bit.

I read some reviews of people running it and said they made it work. It probably depends on the size of your lap top too. I saw some pics of it set up and didn't look too bad.

Kiddmen57

Supporting Sponsor
Isn't this backwards? I take the doors and roof off (and soft top on - we get too much rain to leave the roof off for any length of time). Doors came off this weekend - was a balmy 14C (50F?). Will leave the soft doors on for now, but they'll come off regularly for the rest of the summer. HT will come off once I have a patch of grass big enough to set it on (still a bunch of snow in the yard).

I'm in Tucson. When it reached mid 90's consistently it's too hot for the family. I'll drop the top and doors for trails runs with friends, but for every day in the 100's (even 110's) it's just too much not to have nice cool AC.

Plugged a tire, with my ARB plug kit and my TJM compressor my lovely wife bought me for Christmas. Went flat in the driveway so not much of an adventure, but a nice comfy place to test out my gear.

This is my second flat in 6k miles! Both from stone punctures. The first was not repairable and the dealer replaced it for free. This on was a tiny version of the first. Those Goodyear Wranglers are absolute junk, even for someone who sticks to graded forest roads. May have to look for some take offs, but I'm weird and actually like my steel 16" wheels...

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
What tires were they? Stock street tires? AT? MT?

Plugged a tire, with my ARB plug kit and my TJM compressor my lovely wife bought me for Christmas. Went flat in the driveway so not much of an adventure, but a nice comfy place to test out my gear.

This is my second flat in 6k miles! Both from stone punctures. The first was not repairable and the dealer replaced it for free. This on was a tiny version of the first. Those Goodyear Wranglers are absolute junk, even for someone who sticks to graded forest roads. May have to look for some take offs, but I'm weird and actually like my steel 16" wheels...

Pushrod

8707989047_a522465dc7_c.jpg
Finally after two years of ownership, a Rock Krawler 2.5 inch X Factor suspension lift and 35 x 12.50 tires are installed. So happy with the outcome both on and off road. :wings:

What tires were they? Stock street tires? AT? MT?

They say ST on them. They are what come on the base model sport. Might be ok for a postal Jeep with a city route.

On a positive note, did the first oil change on it. Super simple and no mess. Well, other than finding out my drain pan holds exactly six quarts!

BTW Rockauto has filters super cheap. No affiliation...

sneakytj

Observer
set up the first camping weekend in Texas for the girlfriend's birthday weekend. She's stoked. Nothing exotic, just a weekend at the lake. Shaking out the M416 and the gear after being in storage in Florida for the past 9 months .... can't wait!!

conifers4

Suburban nomad
View attachment 160188
Finally after two years of ownership, a Rock Krawler 2.5 inch X Factor suspension lift and 35 x 12.50 tires are installed. So happy with the outcome both on and off road. :wings:

Very nice!

I began changing out my overhead Cobra CB for a Magnum radio, have to rewire and change the mount since the chassis of the new radio is a tad larger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach