what do jeep guys like as a truck?

1stDeuce

Explorer
Sorry fellas, but as a guy coming from the auto industry, I can tell you that "minimal electronics" is definitely relative, but buying a new truck with none of the power options does not in fact qualify it in my book. There are TONS of computer modules even in a new base truck. :( The last trucks that only had a powertrain computer were made in the 90's. :(

That said, it's not the electronics that bother me in new trucks, it is in fact the "gadgets" that come on higher optioned trucks. I'm not afraid of power windows and door locks, but I do stay away from high end nav or touch screen radios, as well as anything "auto", especially HVAC controls. The less little stuff there is, the less likely it'll die and cost a fortune, or take some other function down with it.

As for what "Jeep guys" drive, I must say I am really liking the '86 Comanche with '95 3.4L Camaro engine that I put together. It's got power mirrors, power brakes, and power steering, but that's it. :)

Aside from that, my '06 GMC will be with me until catastrophe wipes it (or me) out. I don't even look at the odometer anymore, other than to check if it's due for an oil change. :)
C

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach