What kinda highway MPG's you getting with your full sized rig?

locrwln

Expedition Leader
2007 Duramax/Allison, 3.73 gears, stock on 265's: 14mpg city, 17 highway looking like this:

Same as above, with a PPE Race Hot 2+ set on 90 hp: 16 city, 20 highway looking like this:

Same as above with 90hp setting and 285/75R17's on H2's with FWC camper loaded, 14 city, 17 highway, looking like this:

Haven't had the bigger tires without the camper yet.

Jack

NothingClever

Explorer
You could buy a Cummins and possibly get better mileage. It would open up more possibilities for you.

If things go as planned, the truck will be inside a container in early 2015 bound for Cartagena for a yearlong trip through Colombia, Peru and Chile. Dodge parts are not as plentiful there whereas Super Duties have been manufactured in Venezuela for some time.

However, if things don't go as forecasted, I'll be reasearching bicyle or motorcycle parts because I'll be on Plan B :D !

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
My "new" '97 F350 crew longbox with 7.3 PSD and built E4OD with 285/75-16s got 17.65 mpg with a seriously heavy foot in some mixed city, slow highway and 70 mph big hills. I have to say I'm glad I didn't get another 460!!:sombrero:

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
My "new" '97 F350 crew longbox with 7.3 PSD and built E4OD with 285/75-16s got 17.65 mpg with a seriously heavy foot in some mixed city, slow highway and 70 mph big hills. I have to say I'm glad I didn't get another 460!!:sombrero:

Does that one have 3.54 or 4.10 gears... but I just remembered the A/T has a taller overdrive than my 5-speed.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I will have to check on the gearing. Tomorrow will be a bit of a "what have I bought" day. I'll start looking into it a bit deeper:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven