Whats the best compact washing machine for fulltime RV living?

goneagain

Observer
I am building a 4x4 Class A camper to live in fulltime for the next two to 5 years. Ive been researching washing machine units, but have been coming up disappointed with the results.

In order of importance, my requirements are:

Reliable
Water efficient
Small size (24" deep, 24" wide +/-)
Quiet
120v AC

Cost aside, what have you fine folks found to be the best options?

john61ct

Adventurer
FYI the best are Korean and designed for marine use.

Likely not sold domestically, so importing gets pricey.

And use an inverter that goes up to 240V to power it from your House bank, even while charging off shore power.

WVI

Adventurer
What about manually washing them? There's a number of small cloths washing devices used off grid. Even a 5gal bucket and a toilet plunger.

goneagain

Observer
we have a Drumi, the SWMBO likes it as no power is required and uses it with biodegradable soaps.

I have seen those, It seems like youd have to do a load of wash every day to keep up. Is that accurate?

Yirego Drumi Portable Non-Electric Washing Machine
What about manually washing them? There's a number of small cloths washing devices used off grid. Even a 5gal bucket and a toilet plunger.

Thats what Ive been doing actually. Its pretty time intensive. Im hoping for something a little more automated

Reactions: WVI

john61ct

Adventurer
The Pressawash style is fantastic, no electricity, just a couple cups boiling water.

Manual rinse then hang dry though.

A small spinner helps speed up the latter in cold weather.

Lmg

I am building a 4x4 Class A camper to live in fulltime for the next two to 5 years. Ive been researching washing machine units, but have been coming up disappointed with the results.

In order of importance, my requirements are:

Reliable
Water efficient
Small size (24" deep, 24" wide +/-)
Quiet
120v AC

Cost aside, what have you fine folks found to be the best options?
We have been using one of these in our home now for about a year (not sure which one) , before, we had another Fisher Paykel which we replaced when the dryer (not FP) went out. We are using a FP dish drawer as well. Very happy with all of them. Water usage of these 2 is 73 and 61 liters per cycle. As far as I know, these are the most efficient clothes washers available in the USA.

It appears to meet all of your criteria.

Last edited:

Joe917

Explorer
We use a Bosch apartment size washing machine. Has been great although the pump now needs replacing. Uses minimal power as long as you use the cold cycle to stop the heating element from turning on. If we want a hot water wash, we run the cold cycle but feed in hot water. 230 volt euro model. Uses minimal water.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach