Whats this series worth?

jtrnw

If it is a late IIA (black instrument cluster panel vs body colored) the wiper motor is behind a panel on the left side of the dash, so you would not see it. Early IIAs had wiper motors that directly drove the blades through the windscreen frame and were remarkably similar to the one on my MG TD.

Any idea what year it is?

Ah I see, yes its a late IIa negative earth, headlights on the wings, etc. Don't know about the year but they weren't made for that long (68-71 if I recall).

Well, for $400 for a complete truck it's hard to go wrong, especially if the motor runs.

If you are handy and have the space, you can look for a wrecked 88 with a fairly solid frame, maybe just needing some outrigger repair, etc, and swap everything across.

Maybe talk to ECR or RN and see if they know of a repairable frame. Sometimes people choose to go galvanized and pull a frame that is not really that bad.

Cheers

Ray

I'd love to do that but I certainly don't see many rovers around where I live, I'd have to start looking out on the coasts.

Personally I would run away if you are un-prepared to spend $3-7K on "restoring" it to driver condition....If you can do ALL the work - aka chassis swap - then it would be a fun project for you...otherwise wait, buy a $7K truck you can tinker with.

The more I think about it the more I think it would be closer to the 7k end of the spectrum, and it still wouldn't be as nice as a 5k rover with 2k worth of parts and "fix-ups."

If you don't want it, please send contact info my way

Hey first come first served, the chances of me doing anything with it in the very near future are fairly slim. I haven't yet talked to the guy but it has been parked there for awhile. Its located on Gaines st and 3rd st in downtown Davenport IA. No address or phone off the top of my head, I just drive by it three times a week.

SGStriglos

The more I think about it the more I think it would be closer to the 7k end of the spectrum, and it still wouldn't be as nice as a 5k rover with 2k worth of parts and "fix-ups."

You way ahead taking this route. This is what i did and was lucky at the same time. Almost bought a 109 in Indy that was in the same condition as this IIa you are looking at was and the deal fell though for a spread of a couple hundred bucks. I then found a truck in TN with good a good frame and the rest is history. Have about 10k in mine now over 4 years and have no regretts. Rovers North forum is great source for decent fair priced project trucks. good luck!

jtrnw

You way ahead taking this route. This is what i did and was lucky at the same time. Almost bought a 109 in Indy that was in the same condition as this IIa you are looking at was and the deal fell though for a spread of a couple hundred bucks. I then found a truck in TN with good a good frame and the rest is history. Have about 10k in mine now over 4 years and have no regretts. Rovers North forum is great source for decent fair priced project trucks. good luck!

I'll have to get on their forum. By the way what are the best rover specific forums? I know with cruisers its IH8MUD but with rovers I don't know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater