What's your MPG?

Allof75

Pathfinder
Are you guys running bigger tires? Lifts? Etc?
I've had to put a ton of money into this thing, since we bought it last year. I don't know if it's time to let it go or not. I like the truck, and it's finally running good, but wow, this seems really low.

I have bigger tires, but this calculation is compensated for that. First of all I have the VQ35 in my Pathfinder, which is a different design alltogether, and where I drive in particular, acceleration is rapid and kills mileage. Anyway, I say hang onto the truck, lots of midsizers get crappy mileage. Honestly while I'm not sure what you would replace it with, chances are you may not reap the benefits of a more efficient (probably newer and more expen$ive) truck because of the price difference. If you're very concerned about mileage, you could always buy a beater sentra, focus, neon, civic, metro?....

Rebelord

Semper Fi
'99 Pathfinder. 3.3L Truck weighs 5k lbs. I get 16mpg mixed city/hwy. But hwy here is more like city. If I can keep the cruise set for 60 or so for awhile then I can creep it up to close to 19.

r50fj60

Observer
I have a 98 pathfinder with the same engine, 5 speed 4x4. It has 235/75/15 uniroyal laredo tires on it, so nothing massive or heavy.
Ive been super OCD about tracking my mpgs in the 3 years i've had it. Highest highway was 24, lowest ever was about 12, that was heavy 4x4 use in snow.
I have a part time pizza delivery job, and i've been getting between 16-18, like usual mostly all suburban driving.
I have done the manual front hub install, which if I am not mistaken, can be done on your frontier as well.
https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/mile-marker-manual-locking-hubs-p-243.html- get some gasket maker and a C ring plier.
After I did the manual hub install I saw 1.5-2mpg gain within the first fill up or so.
Fuelly: http://www.fuelly.com/driver/btab/pathfinder
hope this helps! :coffeedrink:

dhyde79

2010 Xterra Currently pulling 16city/22-25highway with 265/75R16 KM2's and a bit of electronic tinkering....

Camelfilter

Explorer
2013 Titan Pro-4X Crew Cab with oversized 10ply tires (34"). I have a plug in tuner (BullyDog) & an aftermarket cold air intake (Airaide). I also have a Topper.

I get 9.5MPG avg city, 15MPG highway. I only have 2300 miles on it so far, so the drivetrain might still be tight.

I'm hoping for 11MPG city, 16 highway and I'll be happy.

-Also, I don't drive like a grandma nor like a kid. Somewhere in between-but it is a heck of a fun truck to drive!

I figure the tires are the biggest gas sucker, then the topper.

NmexMAX

2013 Titan Pro-4X Crew Cab with oversized 10ply tires (34"). I have a plug in tuner (BullyDog) & an aftermarket cold air intake (Airaide). I also have a Topper.

I get 9.5MPG avg city, 15MPG highway. I only have 2300 miles on it so far, so the drivetrain might still be tight.

I'm hoping for 11MPG city, 16 highway and I'll be happy.

-Also, I don't drive like a grandma nor like a kid. Somewhere in between-but it is a heck of a fun truck to drive!

I figure the tires are the biggest gas sucker, then the topper.
I get about the same on my Pathfinder (12 City/14 mixed, 13.5 avg). 08 w/79600 miles. Cajun B-pipes and a magnaflow, 34.6" tires (67#'s each) and 18x9 wheels, about 28#'s each w. 3.36 gears. Recently added the larger tires from 33's and now my MPH's are off as they read slightly slower than actual. With 33's, it was about the same as it(MPG) is now.

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
2003 supercharged Frontier crew cab, I get 16 city and 17.5 highway. I keep my foot out of it though. I do expect that to drop soon when I get bigger, more aggressive tires on it.

What's funny though is when I was on a trip about 300 miles from home, the belt on the supercharger let go. Once I figured I could do without, I drove it home. After filling up twice, I was averaging 20.5 mpg. I was half tempted to keep it that way.

MisterTinkle

Adventurer
08 Frontier, ~2" lift, topper, full skids, 255/85-R16 KM2's and I get about 16.0 mpg over the past 5K miles. That includes city, highway, and trail.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Was in Pennsylvania this week. I got about 12 mpg when offroad in 4lo and 17/18 highway. Averaged about 14.5 for the whole trip. Pretty happy with that considering how much dirt we covered.

graynomad

Photographer, traveller
10MPG in a 13-ton 6x6 ex-army truck. Country driving, never go into a city.

Last edited:

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
Power Wagon... 10.5 off road. 12-13 highway. Towing heavy..as low as 7- 6. Ugh. My wife's 2012 Honda Pilot gets 19.5- 22 in town, and 25-26 Highway. I am extremely impressed with it. Eight passenger in extreme comfort getting that mpg is awesome I think.

Sent from highest tree in the woods trying to get a signal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3