whats yours favorite piece of gear

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Working AC on a rock crawling trail is nice (when it works).

'Bling'-wise... hmmm
- the no-loss valve stem covers are cool.
- my bumper mounted ARB bottle opener is also nice.
- my Midland 75-822 dual purpose CB (in cab w/ external antenna to a fully portable handheld unit in 5 seconds is a really nice feature).
- ice cold beverages or fresh cold Ice Cream from my ARB freezer fridge is also nice.

Yeah, I guess I'm a bling whore. LOL:wings:

Errant

Explorer
I know you said not to list your recovery strap, but that's what gets used the most. I always have two (long and short), plus extra shackles. I use them often, much more so than my CO2 setup or tire plugs, but not as much as the toilet paper ;)

rynosurf

Adventurer
I bring a pair of bolt cutters and about three feet of chain when I go to the snow. You wouldn't believe how many people bring chains that don't fit their car!

I also have one of these hanging from my bumper with a spare key in it.
5DwH2ICxq2UFLR6hA2HP5xF43PqgxiI4jPJH0fvs25ZBCpTqeF3v1nZAe273PULvIJC5OoCSfckZKjPWUzXE3R3RGfGmpo8SHoJ_MCJmjSMIS0ueI5dpwwWR5f-6pP8CRcGeNuQHgR88WTXEmLO7niTNG8xzQypldMpEaZXY3Jib53Xi6KM7Pw

I use it when I go surfing and it is piece of mind when I'm out in the boonies. It has never happened but I could imagine getting back to my car after a ride or hike and realizing that my keys are somewhere out in the great beyond.

keezer37

Explorer
I love to be able to repurpose stuff. A siphon hose didn't work well for me and this pump didn't work well for it's intended purpose: gear lube. This keeps me from having to lift a five gallon gas can. I can get about 1 GPM.
FuelPump.jpg

off-roader

Expedition Leader
I love to be able to repurpose stuff. A siphon hose didn't work well for me and this pump didn't work well for it's intended purpose: gear lube. This keeps me from having to lift a five gallon gas can. I can get about 1 GPM.
FuelPump.jpg
A super siphon also works great. Since my gas cans are usually above the tank, it works without too much effort.

stevo

Observer
I'm inclined to agree with " hillbillyjake", toilet paper, facial tissues, or even paper napkins, can really make or break an outdoor excursion.
Cheers, Stevo

Bombsquad

Waterweld

It's made by the JB Weld folks and will patch most anything, from leaking stuff to holes in oil pans. I've used it several times and the stuff works as advertised. I'm not affiliated with the company, just a satisfied consumer.

wweld.jpg

coastsider

Adventurer
Mine would have to be my portable co2 set up. I still carry a compressor but its a good back up and its also 10x quicker and no need to pop the hood and hook up my compressor.

Wow! I've never seen or heard of a 'Jacpac' before, looks awesome, so tell me can it air up full size off road tires OK? How many air ups do you get from one cylinder? And how quickly can it do it?

chp-sk8

Adventurer
Gear

My best piece of gear is anything that has gotten me out of a bind. Staying calm and using your head seems to work the best. Heated coffee mug is right up there too:coffeedrink:

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
I carry a Fluke multi meter. It's nice to have a good meter when you have an electrical problem in the field. I would also have to say my nut/bolt and hardware assortment. I allways seem to have the nut or bolt that saves someones day and even my own like when I sheared the steering box bolts. Who in their right mind would actually have those long steering box bolts with them? I could not belive I had thrown them in there at some point in history.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk