When the wife sees why we buy stuff that may or may not be used!

JHa6av8r

Adventurer
When a package arrives with some new gadget for our rig, my wife usually has a comment. It's usually something like so why do we need this and how much did it cost? She had a flat tire last week so I pulled out my ARB tire kit and ViAir pump and fixed it right up. She said I can see where that could come in handy out in the desert. Some vindication is always good for the soul! :)

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
I have the opposite problem. I get asked, "So what are you going to get next? You really need to get a new bumper so you can put the winch on. And what about a running water set up?"

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
I have the opposite problem. I get asked, "So what are you going to get next? You really need to get a new bumper so you can put the winch on. And what about a running water set up?"

Keeper.

My other half always says she wants to go camping and on adventures and 100% supports any and all decisions/mods/thoughts I have....until it comes time to actually leave for the trip. Then she has "work" she cant miss. haha gotta love them.

My wife has gotten better. Hated that I bought an RTT and refrigerator. Loves them now. We went to the overland expo and now she wants a shower and external lights for the truck. Now I just need her to see more rigs so she can understand the purchases more, then I'll be set.

Bennyhana

Adventurer
My wife was the same way when I bought my err......our fridge. Now she's the biggest salesperson for it when we go camping with friends that don't have one.

enzo

Explorer

My wife is the same way. She's been asking why I haven't bought that ARB bumper and WARN winch yet.:elkgrin:

jeffjeeptj

Adventurer
When we bought our first Wrangler, my wife made me buy a winch. We had driven about 400 miles to pick it up and on the way home she said we should have one in case we got out in the boonies by ourselves. This would be a safety item.
So, a Warn 9.5ti it was. Still have the winch and the wife. Jeep is gone

Keep the good ones.

Jr_Explorer

Explorer
My gf is not big on "camping" but with the Flippac, Pett toilet and 12v heated matress pad we have achieved a comfort level that she appreciates. I kid you not but one night watching T.V. she casually asks, "Do we know anyone going out camping anytime soon?" I haven't gotten her on this forum yet and frankly I'm a little afraid too! LOL!

outofrshell

Adventurer
This one really hit home, when I bought the winch for my 1989 Trooper my wife's words were " all a winch does is make you take more chances"! Two years later we had just bought a new camper and our first trip out was Labor Day Weekend 2014 up into the Bighorn Mts. the weather forecasted a few scattered shower and snow at higher elev. Well by the time we got the trailer parked it had started to rain and it scattered rain all night and was still raining in the AM so we hooked up and headed out, we ended getting stuck and had to winch on the way out. Now the winch is looked at as a savior not as an enticement to trouble. Dave

newhue

Adventurer
ahhhh its all about safe adventure love for you and the kids. This locker will help us maintain safe predictable traction up hills, this winch can slowly pull us out of the rutt on the hill if it goes pear shape because we don't have a front locker yet.
The fridge is easy, just a glass of wine and that's sold. The awning is also pretty easy as it comes out first at the beach before the wine. Upgraded axels, flanges, suspension, bigger tyres, diff shaves, intercoolers, re-maps are all a bit harder to get the stamp of approval I have to admit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater