Which propane camping fire

Robert Bills

Explorer
A Google search for similar bans on propane campfires in other BLM areas and on USFS has turned up nothing so far. The ban on propane campfires during Stage 2 fire restrictions appears to be limited to the Prineville district for now.

1MK

ExploreDesert
Last edited:

Tazman

Adventurer
I love my Campfire in a Can. The biggest problem I have run into is ignorant people not understanding the product. They hear the word "fire" and say no. Primarily on private property. I wish they called it Comfort in a Can.

grogie

Like to Camp
I love my Campfire in a Can. The biggest problem I have run into is ignorant people not understanding the product. They hear the word "fire" and say no. Primarily on private property. I wish they called it Comfort in a Can.

I as well love mine. It just has a great flame to it.

k6yNud.jpg

MTaco

Adventurer
So I contacted Mike with Quikfire to check the status of my order. He said it normally takes 4-6 weeks for shipping??? He will try to have it shipped out this week so I have it in time for our trip. We are leaving for Denver next week and plan on camping a few nights in WY.

Anyone that has ordered from Quikfire did it really take 4-6 weeks to get it? Seems like a loooong time unless they don't keep any inventory on hand.

perkj

Explorer
Mike just did a promotion for the folks that got screwed on the Camp Fire in a Can Kickstarter. He got a huge influx of orders.

Tight_wad

Adventurer
Just received over the weekend a little red camp fire for Father's day, tried it last night, work very well.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

cactusjk

Explorer
So I contacted Mike with Quikfire to check the status of my order. He said it normally takes 4-6 weeks for shipping??? He will try to have it shipped out this week so I have it in time for our trip. We are leaving for Denver next week and plan on camping a few nights in WY.

Anyone that has ordered from Quikfire did it really take 4-6 weeks to get it? Seems like a loooong time unless they don't keep any inventory on hand.

Got mine pretty quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FJRanger

I like getting lost...
Mine took a while to arrive. But it was a shipping issue, not with quikfire. Once I got a hold of Mike I received it in 2 to 3 days.

Robert Bills

Explorer
Mike just did a promotion for the folks that got screwed on the Camp Fire in a Can Kickstarter. He got a huge influx of orders.

^^X2 I ordered mine a few weeks before Mike did his Memorial Day Weekend promotional sale for members of the Campfire in a Can Kickstarter Fraud Facebook group and their friends. He had units in stock then, but my recollection of our conversation is that he does not keep a large inventory in stock because his is not a high volume business.

I think he may have sold out his inventory of some component parts during the Memorial Day promotion. I also think that his usual practice is to quote a 4-6 week delivery time because he adheres to the maxim "under promise and over deliver." My guess is that it won't take the entire 4-6 weeks.

You can blame me for the delay. I'm the guy who suggested to Mike that he offer the members of the Campfire in a Can Kickstarter Fraud group a promotional price similar to the discount the manufacturer of the Volcano Grill had offered the members of that group for a short time.

Last edited:

Tazman

Adventurer
^^X2 I ordered mine a few weeks before Mike did his Memorial Day Weekend promotional sale for members of the Campfire in a Can Kickstarter Fraud Facebook group and their friends. He had units in stock then, but my recollection of our conversation is that he does not keep a large inventory in stock because his is not a high volume business.

I think he may have sold out his inventory of some component parts during the Memorial Day promotion. I also think that his usual practice is to quote a 4-6 week delivery time because he adheres to the maxim "under promise and over deliver." My guess is that it won't take the entire 4-6 weeks.

You can blame me for the delay. I'm the guy who suggested to Mike that he offer the members of the Campfire in a Can Kickstarter Fraud group a promotional price similar to the discount the manufacturer of the Volcano Grill had offered the members of that group for a short time.

It sounds like "Win, Win". I like Win win. Best wishes for the support. I was one of the last to receive their Camp Fir in a Can. I am thankful that I did not need to accept the generosity of Mike.

Best wishes and thanks.

MTaco

Adventurer
I heard from Mike Monday night and it is all good now. He shipped it and I should have it by Friday. I did not know about the big promotion he just did so I imagine that used up all his inventory. Excited to use it on our trip and not worry about finding fire wood!

Thanks for the info guys! :victory:

cactusjk

Explorer
Mike is looking for recommendations on improvements. He used to have ceramic logs. Maybe something simple like that to dress it up a little?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh00333