who daily drives there rovers?

michaels

Explorer
right 04 DII on 255/85s. soon to have a refreshed engine and....parked. will be on the bike all summer as much as possible. try to keep driving down to just weekends.

OneTen

Observer
My daily driving is shared between the diesel Series 3 88 and the 110 Tdi. Weather is getting warmer so the Series 3 (soft top) will be seeing a lot more service.:wings:

Brett

jrose609

Explorer
I DD my '97 D1 with 300Tdi. I've been riding my bike more and more, however.

I had a '93 RRC LWB I sold to Craig Spaeth. It got around 25 in town. My D1 started out pretty decent at about 22, but I'm down to around 18mpg.

Kinda disappointing for a Tdi. However, some of the guys I've talked to who have owned Tdi's say some just seem to run better and get better mileage than others. Oh well.

DividingCreek

Explorer
I DD my '97 D1 with 300Tdi. I've been riding my bike more and more, however.

I had a '93 RRC LWB I sold to Craig Spaeth. It got around 25 in town. My D1 started out pretty decent at about 22, but I'm down to around 18mpg.

Kinda disappointing for a Tdi. However, some of the guys I've talked to who have owned Tdi's say some just seem to run better and get better mileage than others. Oh well.

tune your pump. I'm getting better power and using less pedal and getting better mileage with the pump richer.

jrose609

Explorer
tune your pump. I'm getting better power and using less pedal and getting better mileage with the pump richer.

Tried turning it up a bit, but the EGT's went pretty high very fast. I was at 1250 very quickly. I turned it back down a little. Now it runs great, good power, but mileage still sucks. I'm sure it needs tuned properly.

Paladin

Banned
right 04 DII on 255/85s. soon to have a refreshed engine and....parked. will be on the bike all summer as much as possible. try to keep driving down to just weekends.

What happened to your engine?

I don't DD my truck anymore either. I have a compact car, and a motorcycle I try to use as much as possible.

Wonka Toy

My Daily driver

My 1978 RRC is now my daily driver. It has a mazda 3.5slti transplant so it's reasonably economical.:victory:

Roverx

Observer
I have had a Land Rover in some form as a daily driver since 1991. The current one is a 1969 Ser IIA 300 tdi hybrid I built from parts. 9 years and 110K on this one and still going strong. :safari-rig:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 65

Goochm

Observer
Drive every day!

I've driven my '96 D1 SD with manual tranny every day for the last 6 years...rough dirt roads every day too! Nearly 50K trouble-free miles since I bought it! Knock on wood!:wings:

Snagger

Explorer
Tried turning it up a bit, but the EGT's went pretty high very fast. I was at 1250 very quickly. I turned it back down a little. Now it runs great, good power, but mileage still sucks. I'm sure it needs tuned properly.
Timing is critical on a Tdi, more so than the fuelling settings on the pump itself. A 3/8" (9.5mm) drill bit works well as a timing pump locking tool, and you can then visually inspect the flywheel locking slot through the tapping in the bottom of the flywheel casing.

People tend to forget that injectors clog and wear. I think their replacement interval is 72,000 miles, though I may be out on that figure. They do, however, have a replacement schedule due to wear of the nozzle and pin and need more frequent cleaning to get rid of coking deposits.

cosmic88

Observationalist
My other three wives

When it's not 90+* outside I'm drivin the '66... all other times the '95 D1 5-speed gets me wherever I need to be. Working on a re-wire of the RRC so it is in time-out... then it'll be pressed into service as my DD / family limo.

Looking forward to dedicating the Disco just to expo trips... Fully loaded it squeeks out about 12-14mpg...

High Center

Adventurer
I drive the D1 every day for now. In a month or so my commute will grow by 60 miles in total...every day...

I'll be on the DRZ then- missing my mornings with the Rover.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal