Wife's Mod Thread

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
...wait a minute...we're not modifying the wife so get that out of your head right now!!!

The wife wanted to feel a little more...cough...herself while shuttling the wee ones to toddler Yoga and infant massage and taking those huge shopping trips to the mall. It started with an OME 80 series 863 rear lift on her 1999 UZJ100, ended with some OME torsion bars and Slee diff drop bracket.

DSC01967.JPG

I'm certainly now a fan of smaller tires especially after wheeling with N. Hindman and seeing the quite amazing tasks 235/85s can do. The Hundy however was shod with some left-over 315s from my FZJ80.

Those who know my wife know she infrequents the mall and know she's ``not into Yoga, and [has] half-a-brain.'' [Rupert Homes] She actually enjoys sand dune driving and most of the destination trails in Moab. This is her toy:

DSC01964.JPG

Last edited:

durango_60

Explorer
Let's see the other side of the truck... I heard you had an interesting experience @ a tire shop...:Mechanic:

jeffryscott

2006 Rally Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
shouldn't that be safety snorkel?;)

we have to keep the ruse going in case flyingwen looks at this thread.

(scott, we posted at the same time, just trying to help with the safety snorkel, and to keep wil out of the doghouse, oh, wait, that is the rtt, nevermind.)

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
jeffryscott said:
shouldn't that be safety snorkel?;)

we have to keep the ruse going in case flyingwen looks at this thread.

(scott, we posted at the same time, just trying to help with the safety snorkel, and to keep wil out of the doghouse, oh, wait, that is the rtt, nevermind.)

You think I'd be afraid to go out and spend a night in the truck! LOL... But yeah.... Shhhh... it is for safety.

Scott-
Got any damage pictures?

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
You mean you are letting her run around out there WITHOUT a safety snorkel??:yikes: Nice looking truck.

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
I need some more excuses and Jedi wife mind tricks for that one to take place. Any suggestions?

If you include the new Slee "Snorkel light Kit", it will keep you and the passengers free from the dangers of water, and oh how messy that can be on the carpets... where is that Snorkel smiley :REExeSwimmingHL:

Scott Brady

Founder
Wow, the truck is really transformed. I wonder how it would look with some 255/85's...

The proportions look really good now and a nice set of sliders will make it trail ready.

Scott Brady

Founder
I am also really liking the BFG 295/75, as the actual dimensions are much different than what is on the sidewall.

BFG lists them as a 33.2 x 11.5, and they ride butter smooth on my Tacoma. Still dont fit quite right though :oops:

Probably a great solution for the 100 series.

P.S.- Thanks for the link... I was reading along and noticed that I had posted :) Totally forgot.

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
expeditionswest said:
I wonder how it would look with some 255/85's...
http://forum.ih8mud.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=53636&stc=1&d=1138033605

Is one from 'mud from the thread that Calamaridog posted. I had been trying to get the Toyota 6" steel Oz market wheels for 255/85s which have a smaller backspacing and push the tires out to where the sidewalls would be flush with the vehicle sides, but the only ones I can seem to source are split rims.

clarkrw3

Observer
Looking nice Scott!! I couldn't get the wife to go for a 100 but we did get an FJ. Havent seen you around in awhile...I will be moving back to scottsdale here soon, since I am working there now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal

Members online