Wild rose ambulance

maxhuve

Interior

Keeping the Cpr seat
IMG_9752.jpg
Bench will have to go to make room for the bed
IMG_9753.jpg
There used to be a seat and a medical device stand which I removed to make room for a sofa bed
IMG_9754.jpg

maxhuve

more destruction

Purchased a rock and roll sofa bed from Ikea, but there isn't enough room for it.
IMG_9740.jpg
Removing all the cabinets
IMG_9755.jpgIMG_9757.jpg
Sofa bed fitted temporarily
IMG_9767.jpgIMG_9768.jpg
Next step is to build a bunk in the back and use the space under the bunk as garage, Sprinter style.

NEPolarbear

Observer
Have also been looking at ambulances as a traveling office/ rv.
Are you thinking of installing a bathroom/shower?
Richard

maxhuve

Hi Richard,

I might build an exterior shower in the back, and if I managed to get the electrical panel relocated, I will install a toilet and sink.

Max

girlndpendant

girlndpendant

hobietony

Explorer
How much of the shelving was providing strucural support. I'm thinking of removing the back drivers side cabinets and cutting into the outside storage compartment to put my shower/toilet combo there.

I saw you asking something similar over in the 4x4 van forum... I have found that none of the cabinets in any of the ones I've see have any structural properties. For that matter, neither do the boxes, really - I've sliced and diced a few of mine for my own needs. If you are going to install a shower, that seems like a pretty good spot

PS - Start a thread, put up some pictures!

girlndpendant

girlndpendant
K. Just got to figure out the whole thread thing. Also I was trying to post pictures from my Iphone yesterday and it won't let me. I can't even move them to my desktop and then upload. (can't wait to get my droid back. Iphone sucks) Anyways that's awesome. Lets just see if I can figure out how to remove them! lol

My big disappointment right now is that It won't stay charged. They started it last week for a few hours. Then put the inverter back in. Then it went 4 or 5 days before I went to start it again. And it wouldn't start. Some idiot left the inverter on. So we shut it off and charged her up. Took about 40 minutes. I wanted to drive it home this morning. But it wouldn't start again. After just two days. So they have it plugged in. But it's a trickle charger and apparently that means it's going to take a couple hours.

Le sigh. I'm getting frustrated. How am I going to live in an ambulance that I can't get to start after a couple days. What if I go out to boondock where I can't plug. I'll be stuck forever in the back woods of po-dunk Kansas cause my ambulance is craptastic. (sry...frustrated) There has got to be a ghost pull draining it or something. When I started it Monday I left it run for an hour to charge up. So it's Wednesday...why the hell is it drained already? aaahhhh.

I still love her. Just mad at her.

I saw you asking something similar over in the 4x4 van forum... I have found that none of the cabinets in any of the ones I've see have any structural properties. For that matter, neither do the boxes, really - I've sliced and diced a few of mine for my own needs. If you are going to install a shower, that seems like a pretty good spot

PS - Start a thread, put up some pictures!

sarconcepts

Adventurer
sounds like you really need to separate the engine batteries from the camper via a solenoid, & get separate camper batteries

girlndpendant

girlndpendant
sullen(oid)

sounds like you really need to separate the engine batteries from the camper via a solenoid, & get separate camper batteries

That's the plan! But it's going to be a lot of work. re-wiring the outlets and such to a separate house bank. And I'm definitely thinking of the nicer sealed gel batteries and getting rid of that trickle charger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven