Wiring: Auxillery lights w/ momentary in line.

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
I recently had my steering wheel off so i could stitch a new leather cover on it. While doing so it was my plan to drill an add one if not both micro momentary switches to the back side of the steering wheel. I was not overly happy with what the outcome would be so i stopped.

Which got me thinking, is the momentary high beam switch located on the stalk a separate entity to the opposite direction that locks the high beams on? I yes then I could run a jumper under the hood from the Toyota fuse block to the IPF or PIAA wiring harness I am using for the knock off lights....... it would be cleaner for certain.

Aaron

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chili

Explorer
Unless their rear end is sagging and they are already on low beam.

This has happened to me a couple of times (my rear end loaded down enough that people think I have my hi-beams on). When I got flashed the second time (by the first driver flashing me) I just flashed my hi-beams back to let them know they weren't on.. They gave me a quick double flash acknowledgement and we passed as strangers in the night. After that epiphany I have repeated with similar results. Again, just really quick, mind you. ;)

BTW, I am sure everyone here knows this, but just in case.. If you ever feel blinded by oncoming headlights on the road, focus on the white line to your right (up ahead, of course) and it well help you maintain your lane and not get completely blinded.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
that's why I like airbags on my rigs. If towing or loaded, they keep the rear end from sagging and headights work properly.

lugueto

Adventurer
I am really bothered by people who leave their hi beams on.

I concur on the few flashes on hi beams to warn oncoming drivers, if they don't turn them down then I blind the hell out of them.

I'm curious though. If this wasn't what the OP originally meant, what was it? Also, aux lights wired to the hi beams will turn on when you flash, so why do you want the momentary on when you can flash them with the hi beams?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3