Wool safari shirt?

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Neat site. The 17x35 won't work? I always like my sleeves a little long... stand up straight and point at things a lot.

The Wizard

Observer
I had the same problem. I did as TangoBlue suggested and ordered the 17 X 35. Luckily, when I was buying a new suit I asked if they knew a place that would taylor shirts and they did. I cost an additional $40.00 to get the sleeves shorten but I really like the looks of the shirt.

The Wizard

Observer
L. L. Bean offers a Wool Field Shirt but it has a button down collar that to me ruins it for expedition wear. So, I contact L. L. Bean customer service and sent them this email: "For years I have been wearing your Cotton Poplin Field Shirt on camping and 4-wheeling trips throughout the western U. S. . If I have one complaint it is that it does not come in a dark khaki shade. Although these shirts have served me well it would be nice to have a 100% wool shirt for those early fall trip. I would purchase your Wool Field Shirt but the button down collar is a complete turnoff for me. I just can't imagine Roy Chapman Andrews wearing a button down collar in the Gobi. Please consider changing the pattern of your Wool Field Shirt to that of your Cotton Poplin Field Shirt. And also consider offer your Cotton Poplin Field Shirt in a dark khaki." If enough p[eople contact L. L. Bean we might get a "Wool Safari Shirt".

ZachDiesel

Neat site. The 17x35 won't work? I always like my sleeves a little long... stand up straight and point at things a lot.

This had me cracking up. Well played sir. I know it's not a wool safari shirt but I thought I'd add my two cents. I do a ton of traveling and outdoor stuff and my favorite shirts by far are a pair of Patagonia "good shirts". They're rip stop organic cotton and have been sink washed dozens of times on the road. They hang dry within an hour and are super durable. Between those and my carhartt rip stop cargos I have awesome gear that will last for years (as long as I keep the gut at bay)

Mike S

Sponsor - AutoHomeUSA
I have several shirts that are silk/wool and they are lightweight and wear like iron.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy