WTB: Old style AT can holder

Hey everyone,

Just got a email from Martyn that the new AT gas can holder will no longer fit Scepter cans.

I'm looking for one old style AT holder to use on my swing out so I have a way to carry one of my Scepter cans.

Thanks guys.

Willman

Those are going to be hard to find......I love mine!!! Good luck in your search...hopefully someone here will help ya out! Get ready to get out your wallet...

Those things are like gold!

:ylsmoke:

Those are going to be hard to find......I love mine!!! Good luck in your search...hopefully someone here will help ya out! Get ready to get out your wallet...

Those things are like gold!

:ylsmoke:

I know and its a major bummer, but I thought I would at least try. I completely understand the need to abandon the Scepter style holder though. I just wish I had the foresight to get one a while ago.

Last edited:
Any pics of what the "old style" looks like? I only remember them making on style.

They just redesigned the holder. Its not out yet though.

The old ones, ones we are all familiar with, fit Scepter cans. Since Scepter is basically going away here in the US the holder has been redesigned to fit tighter. Scepter cans will no longer work in the new ones coming out.

Here is the email from Martyn

"We have just completed a redesign on the AT Can Holder.
The holder was originally designed to fit the Scepter can, which is a little bigger than the other cans on the market. The extra space was made up with a little padding.
We had planned on changing the strap so it covered the cap on the cans a little better, but we decided to snug the fit up so that the holder would fit the cans that are on the market.
If you were planning on using the holder for a Scepter plastic can, the holder will no longer fit. Please let me know if this is the case so I can take you off the waiting list.
The holders are being fabricated, once they are back from powder coating I'll let you know.
Cheers
Martyn"

Last edited:

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Any pics of what the "old style" looks like? I only remember them making on style.

Dave

The old style and new style are identical with the exception that;

The new holder is slightly reduced in size to fit the Wedco style cans, this way the can is a snug fit in the holder.

The new holder also has a new strap contoured to the Wedco can, and slightly wider in width.

go4aryd

Adventurer
News Alert: the going price of the Scepter tank is now beginning to drop from prior historic highs ...

... and now back to our feature event. So, does anyone have any?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3