WTB: Old style AT can holder

CJinCA

I'll post to take two of the old Scepter style holders if that'll help set the wheels in motion. Aluminum, steel or stainless are all fine by me. Thanks Martyn!

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
As we/you are all too familiar with the government and military works very slowly.

When we are asked to put in a bid it's usually requested from one of the big military contractors who are trying to put together a much larger bid. As in they are making a satellite truck and need 10 can holders for each truck.

Most of the time it's just a huge waste of time for us. The contractor needs numbers quickly to complete their contract and it's easier to ask someone like us to do the work rather than work out how much they would cost to build.

If the contractor gets the contract they have the choice of sub-contracting with us, or sub contracting with another company (usually within their favorite congressman's district).

We have had cases where the contractor asks us to do substantial design work for a contract, and then they take the design and make it themselves. In cases like this we take a strong legal stand.

So in other words there is no news, don't expect any news, and if and when news surfaces I will post it on this site.

go4aryd

Adventurer
Since if and when any news appears I am likely to miss it, add me to list of those looking for old style holders. :)

Since if and when any news appears I am likely to miss it, add me to list of those looking for old style holders. :)

Same here. But at this point, it will probably turn out to be cheaper to buy two NATO cans and two of the new style AT holders. Rather than try to buy non-existent/special run holders. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal