Yaesu 7800 install

kellymoe

Expedition Leader
I have the same radio and like it inspite of my minute knowledge on the whole HAM scene. My only complaint for the 7800 and most HAM radios is that they are not intuitive. It seems it could have been made more user friendly. All that said I really like mine and have used it tons on the trail and as a base camp radio while using HT's.

Here is the mount I made for my truck.

Attachments

• 130cab 007.jpg
    130cab 007.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 96
  • 130cab 010.jpg
    130cab 010.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 86

daverami

Explorer
I have the same radio and like it inspite of my minute knowledge on the whole HAM scene. My only complaint for the 7800 and most HAM radios is that they are not intuitive. It seems it could have been made more user friendly. All that said I really like mine and have used it tons on the trail and as a base camp radio while using HT's.

Here is the mount I made for my truck.

Great place to mount your radio.

I agree that they are not that intuitive, at least for someone like me who doesn't use it that much. The more it's used, the more proficient we'd get probably.

ScoutII

Adventurer
I can't seem to make up my mine, so I have the head unit Velcro'ed to the dash:drool: The unit is mounted to the roof, with about 1 foot antenna wire. I drilled a hole in the roof for the NMO antenna mount.
Once mounted I will post a pic

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77