Your favorite bike widget of 2011

jaygoss

The new Shimano disk brake system. I was skeptical at first but my bike shop buddies insisted I try them and I have been completely impressed with them. A word of warning though: these are truly 1 finger brakes- you will go over your bars the first time you use these if you apply anything but gentle pressure! They are that good!

Trout

Wahoo Fitness Bike Pack - running Cyclemeter app. Favorite feature is it adds my rides automatically to my calendar.

2012 widget is already underway - Alfine 11-speed for my Bianchi Roger.

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
I've been doing a lot of travel with the bike lately. I've become super fond of my little Lezyne Micro Floor Drive pump. It's small enough it fits in my little travel bag with a few other basic tools, gels and other ride essentials. It goes with me everywhere, and can pump up a tire to 120 psi with no problem at all. I even slipped it into a jersey pocket for a ride when I realized I didn't have any other pumps to take along. You'd never think of putting a proper floor pump in your pocket, but this one is pretty small. That said, it pumps like a champ.

pump.jpg

http://www.lezyne.com/hand-pumps#panel-7

ThomD

Explorer
My favorite for the year is the Cy Fi bluetooth speakers. Unfortunately, it looks like the company has gone out of business.

41o6vP2elNL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

chris_the_wrench

Fixer & Builder of Things
Gotta be my Enve carbon bars. I finally replaced my old 25.4 carbon eastons with some 31.8 wide bars on my favorite mountain bike. I've had several oversized bars on other mtbs and road bikes for a long time, but never got around to changing these over till now.

-Chris

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325034790.542902.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325034790.542902.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 84

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal