Your Jeeps Name

Dirty_Jeeper

Adventurer
Didn't see this so thought I'd start this off out of curiosity. Have you named your Jeep? Why that name? I'll start it off.

"Red" plain and simple, Red is a 1997 red XJ.
"ET" Can't say yet, he's a work in progress and it would give it away. 1999 Green XJ
"Pebbles" a black 1999 TJ who in her early years could only climb the small rocks.
"Bam Bam" a burgundy 2000 XJ that came to us with the rear passenger quarter panel crushed.
"The Hulk" actually is a Dodge 1 ton being shortened and fitted with an XJ body.

atancreti

Observer
This thread is totally taken from the Land Rover part..... NOT COOL J@#PIES...
"LAND ROVER, THE BEST 4x4 BY FAR"

Toolman

Explorer
Last time I saw a RR on the trail was at the other end of my winch line getting pulled out of trouble. I had to go to the top of the notch canyon, drive back down, winch him out and then drive backwards up the same notch canyon he was stuck in.
My jeeps new name is RANGE ROVER RESCUE VEHICLE

hochung

Adventurer
Hey toolman, can I have your number? I have a land rover and I might need your help next time I am out there. :)

wjeeper

My first Jeep was often called a "barbie Jeep" by my friends. It was a typical stock red wrangler........i didnt like the nickname but it was fitting.

Picture009.jpg

My WJ started out being called "Cousin Wendel" because it would start running roughly and stall and not restart for no apparent reason........towards the end we called her "the red-headed step child".........beat on that poor Heep everytime we hit the trails. (Strangely I think she liked the nickname and the abuse (or feared it), as it never acted up when we were on the trail)

IMG_1892.jpg

IMG_1150.jpg

The current Jeep has earned the name "arroyo burro" or just "the Burro" As this Jeep has been a pack mule for 7000+ miles of wandering throughout the intermountain west this summer exploring ghost towns, old mines, national parks, scenic vistas, SCUBA diving with sharks, etc etc etc. Since this winter it has stored my camping gear, hauled canoes, kayaks and skis. Justly earned nickname in my book.

hochung

Adventurer
My first Jeep was often called a "barbie Jeep" by my friends. It was a typical stock red wrangler........i didnt like the nickname but it was fitting.

Picture009.jpg

My WJ started out being called "Cousin Wendel" because it would start running roughly and stall and not restart for no apparent reason........towards the end we called her "the red-headed step child".........beat on that poor Heep everytime we hit the trails. (Strangely I think she liked the nickname and the abuse (or feared it), as it never acted up when we were on the trail)

IMG_1892.jpg

IMG_1150.jpg

The current Jeep has earned the name "arroyo burro" or just "the Burro" As this Jeep has been a pack mule for 7000+ miles of wandering throughout the intermountain west this summer exploring ghost towns, old mines, national parks, scenic vistas, SCUBA diving with sharks, etc etc etc. Since this winter it has stored my camping gear, hauled canoes, kayaks and skis. Justly earned nickname in my book.

Bad *** Barbie.

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
My 1992 MJ was dubbed the "Baja Burro" by my friend 'Ol Joe who used to join me for remote fishing trips south of the border...

BigAl

Expedition Leader
Haven't named my jeep, but we call the Astrovan, "The Creeper". When I heard my 84 yo Mom call it the creeper, I almost fell out of my chair laughing

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
This is a family forum so I can't say what I named my junk. Just imagine that you stepped in dog poop and while trying to shake it off your foot you lose your balance and fall into some thorny rose bushes, and when you get up off the ground the sprinklers come on and soak you. The words you would be saying right about then is what I named my jeep.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal