Your Jeeps Name

enumclaw

What do we call our Jeep?

Since we have a 2011 Liberty - it was simple......'John Henry' "Give me Liberty, or give me death". God Bless America!!

Adventurer
Hi All,
My '89 Jeep YJ's name is "Babe" after the greatest baseball player of all time. This Jeep is pretty great too.

Sparky

DarinM

Explorer
My Jeep ('04 TJ Rubicon) is Bob. Bob the Jeep. My motorcycle is Bob. Bob the Motorcycle. My mountain bike is Bob. Bob the Bike. Same first and middle names, different last name. Doesn't matter. Just like my cats, they ignore me, too. Their name is Bob also - but they were already named when I got them so the Bob is silent. Oscar(Bob) and Roxy(Bob) the cats. If I ever have anything that cares about what it's called I might try something different but to this point in my life, Bob works.

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
My Jeep ('04 TJ Rubicon) is Bob. Bob the Jeep. My motorcycle is Bob. Bob the Motorcycle. My mountain bike is Bob. Bob the Bike. Same first and middle names, different last name. Doesn't matter. Just like my cats, they ignore me, too. Their name is Bob also - but they were already named when I got them so the Bob is silent. Oscar(Bob) and Roxy(Bob) the cats. If I ever have anything that cares about what it's called I might try something different but to this point in my life, Bob works.

Remember the old tv show Pete and Pete? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adventures_of_Pete_%26_Pete

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
My Liberty got its name from a co-worker actually. When he found out I was buying a Liberty, he told me it was a Barbie Jeep and that name stuck. When the same co-worker found out I was putting the winch bumper, suspension lift and locker on, he asked if I was trying to make it a Barbie Rubicon... And that stuck (So I bought a set of factory Rubicon hood stickers to finish it off!:elkgrin:).

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
Our Jeep was unnamed for some time till my wife commented one day that the Jeep was like a thief sneaking money from my wallet, but at least it had charm while it was pilfering. That statement reminded me of a fictional character named the Grey Mouser, a diminutive thief and swordsman who beguiled his victims as he stole them blind. So that name stuck as it seemed to go well with his paint job also. Though we often just refer to the Jeep as the "Mouser".

5360584113_bb47a08c9b.jpg
[/​

JCMatthews

Tour Guide
When I had jeeps I named them. My '76 J10 was Gus, and we called our '97 Cherokee Blue Moose, and when we had two Jeeps we'd call it the Blue Jeep and the other the Red Jeep. I know some of the names are really original. I thought about calling my Cherokee the pack mule, but it never stuck.

Hondarider

Adventurer
My buddies call mine the "Hurricane Hunter", but not for any reason that you might expect. You see, the local high school team is called the Hoosac Hurricanes and apparently the consensus amongst my friends is that only high school kids would dig my lifted yellow JK. They say that I built it to cruise for high school girls and guys are always claiming that they saw me hanging around when school gets out or at sporting events or school dances. I get things like "Hey, is that a bike rack on the front (it's a winch bumper) so that you can give Amber a ride after your aftershool date...or some guy claiming he saw a Drake and Josh backpack in the bag seat when he walked by it in the parking lot. It's pure nonsense...I'm 40 years old with a wife and 2 kids of my own...almost even respectable...but I have to hear about it every time I drive it to work. Now I have other people calling it the Hurricane Hunter and they have no idea that it was a joke...one in poor taste in fact...but I just roll with it. High school kids do seem to dig it when I drive by.:smiley_drive:

Attachments

• 100_0969 (Medium).JPG
    100_0969 (Medium).JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 8

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Don't worry Hondarider, Jeeps should be a fun color... See "Orange Jeep" below.
We (my wife) also seems to name her rigs after Winnie the Pooh characters. She has had an '01 Tacoma doublecab TRD named "Eyore", a VW Tiguan named "Tigger" (duh!), and now has an '11 JKUR named... "Roo". Betcha didn't see that one coming! By default my '96 80 series became "Piglet", due in part to its bloodlines to FJ55s known as "Iron Pigs".

Attachments

• DSC_0050.JPG
    DSC_0050.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0859.JPG
    IMG_0859.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0847.JPG
    IMG_0847.JPG
    553.1 KB · Views: 1

Forum statistics

Threads