What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

Steve F

Adventurer
Hi Steve F

Nice rig. I'm interested in your experience with the vacuum sealer in the field.

It sounds like a interesting idea.

Thanks.

I'll report back, we'll be on the road for a month so keeping food fresh, and just as importantly the fridge fresh (no meat juice etc in the bottom) is important :)

Cheers
Steve

bldeagle10

Explorer
good luck on your trip steve! looking forward to seeing a thread with lots of pictures.

today, I am pretty sure i convinced my dad to pick up a roof rack off a NAXJA member for me. 300 bucks for an Olympic rack.

Steve F

Adventurer
Made a bracket to mount one of the fire extinguishers. It's 4mm plate and mounts to the front seat bolts, I had to noth it to fit around the seat uprights but that meant I could mount the bracket higher than the seat bolts and give the extinguisher enough room to clear the floor.

The extinguisher bracket is bolted to the mount through some tapped holes and then with some thin nuts on the back. Last thing I want is for it to come off and roll around the floor at my feet. Also wrapped the bracket in carpet as I had some left from my drawers.

IMG_0808.jpg

Cheers
Steve

Drove out to Chambersburg, PA to River Raider so the Rubicon could get Aluminum Skids and Evap Skid installed. The folks at River Raider are really cool and make you feel at home. Just hope I can get back home before all the rivers crest out here.

A few pics of the River Raider Aluminum Skids and Evap Skid.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315625696.061034.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315625696.061034.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 63
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315625720.046995.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315625720.046995.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 57
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315625738.457027.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315625738.457027.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 60

bldeagle10

Explorer
nice light set up, where in phx are you located near? i'm up in north peoria near 87th and happy valley...

almost sealed the deal on a new (to me) roof rack for the XJ today, heading to talk about it tomorrow.

MOAK

Adventurer
cleaning

Took my throttle body off, removed all the sensors, cleaned everything, put it all back together.

bldeagle10

Explorer
did you clean the sensors? if so with what? Im debating if i should replace them all or not cause I'm sure most of mine have never been replaced in its very long and very used life span, if they are cleanable i may try that first...

roof rack plans fell through due to lack of funding, due to loss of job and money owed to me that is being held off for a month...shouldn't be buying a rack anyways with no job :/ 3 more months...
put 50 bucks worth of gas in her, which gets me about 3/4 tank, it was at 1/8th which is where it turns orange (low fuel) it filled to exactly the full mark, but when full it goes about 1/8th of a tank past the full mark.. from full to 1/8th i netted around 346 miles, 14.598 gallons put in (not sure why circle k pumps cut credit off at 50 bucks....usually its 75...gonna run it like this recording how much fuel i put in till i can fill it completely and figure out an average MPG over a few tanks, last was 17ish now its looking to be about 19ish.

Vince1

Adventurer
Added Rotopaks onto Gobi sunroof insert for emergency fuel (range is very limited with the 5.7vvt). Also added matching Pintlers and ebrakes to the trailer. Then, added JW Speaker LED headlights.

Attachments

• trailer2.JPG
    trailer2.JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 142
  • trailer3.JPG
    trailer3.JPG
    241.2 KB · Views: 163
  • rotapaks.JPG
    rotapaks.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 149

Vince1

Adventurer
Thanks Goose...I think I am almost done, but everytime I tell my wife this, I find more things I want to do. I'm thinking about upgrading axles and driveshafts at this point, but don't "really" need to...Hmmm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger