04 Dodge Build

DT75FLH

Adventurer
Figured I would start a thread to highlight my changes...and keep me motivated to continue.
some back story.
I have went through numerous vehicles, and I am into the rock crawlin hobby. so started with stock jeeps checking out mine sites, to the hard core wheeling spots. my current rock rig is a built toyota pick up. after wheeling numerous hot spots in the U.S. Moab, Las Cruces, Johnson valley,Lake Havasu. and Vegas. I was now stuck with the need to trailer my rig (toyota is not exactly street legal anymore). and I missed just jumping in a truck and heading out to desert.
I went through some changes and the kids are older and we only have 1 teenager left at home so Im thinking into the future a little bit.
The wife does not like the crawler, but does enjoy the dirt road/mine site trips.

I was in the market for a 3/4 ton gas truck to fit the bill and this one fell in my lap. It was a buddy of mine who sold his toyhauler and was selling the truck.

04.5 325 hp dodge qcsb diesel. it had some very high offset 18" wheels (and needed tires) and needed some maintence items done to it.

Attachments

• dodge lift kit 001.jpg
    dodge lift kit 001.jpg
    444.9 KB · Views: 10
  • dodge lift kit 002.jpg
    dodge lift kit 002.jpg
    477.7 KB · Views: 17

DT75FLH

Adventurer
Next was some stock 03 rims, new 35" Toyo muds, and a banks intake.
the stock intake was missing and it had a aem dry flow filter and intake on it.
I also took out the bullydog programer and reloaded the stock tune.

Attachments

• dodge lift kit 013.jpg
    dodge lift kit 013.jpg
    551.3 KB · Views: 14
  • dodge lift kit 012.jpg
    dodge lift kit 012.jpg
    512.7 KB · Views: 10
  • dodge lift kit 011.jpg
    dodge lift kit 011.jpg
    511.3 KB · Views: 17

DT75FLH

Adventurer
The truck looked like it had a valve cover leak.
I cleaned the top of the motor and the breather. checked the oil fil cap and the o-ring was hard and worn in a square. $8.00 cap at autozone and no more leak.
next up was a Kore hp kit. the truck has 90k miles on it with stock shocks. was going to upgrade anyway so ordered the kore kit with new springs/shocks and mini packs for the rear. It raises the rear 1" and the front 2-3". it also does not affect the stock bed CCC or tow rating.

Attachments

• dodge lift kit 017.jpg
    dodge lift kit 017.jpg
    532.6 KB · Views: 11
  • dodge lift kit 018.jpg
    dodge lift kit 018.jpg
    518.2 KB · Views: 11
  • dodge lift kit 019.jpg
    dodge lift kit 019.jpg
    539.3 KB · Views: 12

DT75FLH

Adventurer
The kit raised the truck as advertised. 2" in front and 1" in the rear

edit..1 pic would not load..

Attachments

• dodge lift kit 015.jpg
    dodge lift kit 015.jpg
    360.1 KB · Views: 11
  • dodge lift kit 022.jpg
    dodge lift kit 022.jpg
    356.9 KB · Views: 7
  • dodge lift kit 023.jpg
    dodge lift kit 023.jpg
    353.8 KB · Views: 9

DT75FLH

Adventurer
next up was the kore sway bar drop blocks...
then I added a bd steering box brace.

Attachments

• dodge lift kit 001 (2).jpg
    dodge lift kit 001 (2).jpg
    517.8 KB · Views: 8
  • dodge lift kit 002 (2).jpg
    dodge lift kit 002 (2).jpg
    535.5 KB · Views: 8
  • dodge lift kit 003 (2).jpg
    dodge lift kit 003 (2).jpg
    516.6 KB · Views: 7

DT75FLH

Adventurer
I replaced the sway bar end link bushings, and after the alignment it rides and steer's good.
then I started some cosmetic issues. I like the factory fog lights and this truck did not have them, I live in a rural area and there are no streetlights....the extra light is nice. so off to ebay I go..and found the factory lights/mounts. I also found that this truck was pre wired for them so I ordered the factory switch and harness and it was plug and play...I did not know that these fogs were hella lights..so its a nice bonus.

Attachments

• dodge lift kit 006 (2).jpg
    dodge lift kit 006 (2).jpg
    510.3 KB · Views: 10
  • dodge lift kit 024.jpg
    dodge lift kit 024.jpg
    511.3 KB · Views: 14

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Sharp truck, the rims look much better and are easier on the hub bearings.
Did the lift pull the front wheel back? looks like the front wheel is moved back a couple inches
in the wheel arch.

Whats next?

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
The foglights are in a sacrificial location and it's only a matter of time until they are shattered. Geno's Garage offered some 3M clear film for awhile which I attached to mine. It can be sourced elsewhere. Four yrs now with no issues.

An adjustable trackbar from Thuren or Carli will re-center your wheels horizontally and further tighten the suspension. Setting it to 39 1/8" eye to eye is recommended.

The mild rub you're feeling on the control arms when your steering is lock to lock can be fixed with the addition of a Carli or Thuren control arms. Expensive items though.

DT75FLH

Adventurer
Sharp truck, the rims look much better and are easier on the hub bearings.
Did the lift pull the front wheel back? looks like the front wheel is moved back a couple inches
in the wheel arch.

Whats next?

yes..it does move the rim back a bit...but the PO had already clearanced the inner fender ..so no rubbing at this time.
if I need it centered I will buy new lower arms that are 1" forward...I won't replcae them till the bushings need replacing.
On my 98 12V I replaced all the contol arm bushings

DT75FLH

Adventurer
The foglights are in a sacrificial location and it's only a matter of time until they are shattered. Geno's Garage offered some 3M clear film for awhile which I attached to mine. It can be sourced elsewhere. Four yrs now with no issues.

An adjustable trackbar from Thuren or Carli will re-center your wheels horizontally and further tighten the suspension. Setting it to 39 1/8" eye to eye is recommended.

The mild rub you're feeling on the control arms when your steering is lock to lock can be fixed with the addition of a Carli or Thuren control arms. Expensive items though.

Yep...I actually had a synergy suspension adj track bar ordered but it is on back order. it is 2/3 the cost of either thuren or carli or even BD. after measuring on this truck the axle movement was minimal. On a prior 04 dodge I had with just the 2" spacer and 35" tires the axle was more noticable to the drivers side...... not so much on this one ????

DT75FLH

Adventurer
next up was the factory radio was only a single disc....I found a brand new 04 6 Disc factory radio for sale on the TDR. bought it for $100 and took all of 10 min to install.....
next was I kinda like the over head clearance lights...so, through the same factory dodge part seller on ebay I bought the lights and installed them. This is the second set i installed on a dodge (prior 98 as well) and the factory kit comes with a paper template and decent instructions...BUT none on how to drop the headliner. easy to figure out though.

would'nt let me post pics....timed out ??

DT75FLH

Adventurer
heres some pics

Attachments

• dodge lift kit 009 (2).jpg
    dodge lift kit 009 (2).jpg
    463.2 KB · Views: 3
  • dodge lift kit 016 (2).jpg
    dodge lift kit 016 (2).jpg
    355.1 KB · Views: 4
  • dodge lift kit 017 (2).jpg
    dodge lift kit 017 (2).jpg
    403.7 KB · Views: 5

DT75FLH

Adventurer
next up....installed this. I helped a coworker install his banks kit in a 06 f350. He decided that the truck was too quiet and want to straight pipe it. I told him I was going to change the exhaust so he gave me his Banks muffler.
I needed to add 9" to the muffler due to the difference from my dodge to his ford. I ordered the stock tail pipe from banks as it has a higher rise over the rear axle and tucks up in the stock location.

Attachments

• dodge lift kit 008.jpg
    dodge lift kit 008.jpg
    511.1 KB · Views: 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan

Members online