04 Dodge Build

Halligan

Adventurer
I would advise changing out the control arms. I did a similar lift and the added height pulls the front axle toward the rear of the wheel well opening. This causes two things, one is possible tire rub on the fender liner and two is the degraded ride from the control arms being at a steeper angle. I'm in the proccess of saving the loot to do the Carli control arms to correct these issues.

DT75FLH

Adventurer
yes..it does move the rim back a bit...but the PO had already clearanced the inner fender ..so no rubbing at this time.
if I need it centered I will buy new lower arms that are 1" forward...I won't replace them till the bushings need replacing.
On my 98 12V I replaced all the contol arm bushings

The prior owner had some very high offset wheels and the fender is already cut, so no rubbing.

and the truck rides great with Kore's recommended tire pressure and the toyo muds. Handles dirt at speed very well.

DT75FLH

Adventurer
SO...When I bought the truck, The PO had a bullydog system on it, with the S-O-F gauge pkg. I took out the program and put it back to stock. I also left the gauge pkg in till my edge insight gauges came in.

I would occasionally still get a CEL for the boost out of range. I cleaned the map sensor and no real change. The tk would also run a little warm (egt) higher than I expected with the stock program in. It also smoked more than usual.

I finally get my gauge and mount in and installed it this week. After taking out the old egt and replacing it, and putting in the new gauges in. The boost gauge read 10 psi at idle (******). so as i pull out the old gauge and wiring harness, I see the map sensor plug in has a little corrosion. I clean it up as best I can and put some dielectric grease, and viola. boost reads coorectly, EGT comes down about 100-150 deg at WOT. and much less smoke :sombrero:

I need to buy a new sensor :) , and hope to pick up 1-2 mpg. I figure with the high boost reading, the computer was overfueling the tk. Hense, the higher EGT's and smoke.

also put on my new bilsten steering stabilizer, mounted my 2M bracket, added the 3 circuit mini harness and wired and mounted the cb/ant.

Attachments

• 04 Dodge 009.jpg
    04 Dodge 009.jpg
    525.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 04 Dodge 010.jpg
    04 Dodge 010.jpg
    517.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 04 Dodge 011.jpg
    04 Dodge 011.jpg
    527.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

DT75FLH

Adventurer
Here is the edge insight, mounted to a edge attitude a-pillar mount.

also the cup holder still clears with the radio mount.

Attachments

• 04 Dodge 004.jpg
    04 Dodge 004.jpg
    434.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

DT75FLH

Adventurer
I finally found a fiberglass shell for the tk. but its now for sale.
KBB private party good condition lists $20,597

asking $17,500.

Last edited:

DT75FLH

Adventurer
:yikes: Selling? Why? GLWS!

Ouch...I know...Just priorities. I have a 2010 ram, and we just bought a new toyhauler for the family. I kinda jumped the gun a little when picking it up. We have about 2-3 more years before the last kid is out of the house and im still in a rock crawling group. So..too many hobbies, and not enough vacation time, kid still in H.S.
etc...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan