100 Build

2000UZJ

SE Overlanding Society
Since the last update I have added and removed quite a few things. The first thing I did after the last update was install a full length roof rack. It was a 80 Series rack, but with a little head scratching I picked up some Gamviti Mounts and got to work. I always wanted a rack for the 100, however the raised portion looked pretty bad to me (more on this later)

photo2.jpg

So I tossed a LED light bar up top and called it a day:

IMG_4652.jpg

I was never truly satisfied with the L-shocks and the 100 series pathetic front end travel. So I removed the sway bars completely, moved the rear shock mounts inward, added shock extenders and went to ACC to cycle the suspension and check for any binding. None was reported and I added 4" of additional travel over the L shock

FLEX100.jpg

Shortly after the rack/light and "long travel" install I drove up to URE National Park with the ONSC guys and did some wheeling. I always wanted to run "Kodak Rock", and I finally did it! I hit the ledges and the "v-squeeze" obstacle which took its toll on my body panels. I slid down onto the rock and did some metal art. Needless to say word traveled quickly that a full size luxury SUV was going to hit the ledges on Kodak. The sides of the trails and bypass quickly filled up as people wanted to see this impossible feat happen.

IMG_4654.jpg

I then attended the ACC invitational and wheeled with some great people.

IMG_5055.jpg

IMG_5054.jpg

IMG_5057.jpg

IMG_5059.jpg

IMG_5060.jpg

More to come later when I can gather more pictures and take pictures of the mods that I have done recently with no pictures.

rickashay

Explorer
Your 100 is a boss Nick!

How does the heavy hundy handle (lol) the lack of sway bars? Have you removed front and rears?

I know my T4R was a whole different animal the day the sway bars came off.

Sempertoy

Explorer
Hey man, looks super sick! I like the 100's more and more, that being said I have seen one on 37's yet ;)

Good luck with your military aspirations, I'm transitioning out of the Corps and its been one of the best things I've ever done.

trailless

Nice 100! I have basically the same story as you do!

Dad bought a 2000 LC new and he daily drove it until 2006 and then as I got my license the 100 was mine. Being young I wanted a sporty car and so ended up getting a 2008 GTI... Nice car but I wish I kept the 100 now. Currently on the search for a 100 series...

2000UZJ

SE Overlanding Society
This summer was certainly eventful!

I have since added the following:
Installed 10W Expedition Lighting System's 42" Single Row LED Light Bar (my company)
TJM Skid Plates
12,000LB Winch
35" BFG AT's (315/75/16)
DynoMat all around
Dual Batteries
Air compressor with air line hookup on ARB and rear bumper
Modified OEM rear Bumper (chopped 3" off bottom)
NATO OEM Pintle hitch
Total Chaos Upper Control Arms
Profender 2.5" Remote Res Shocks (front)
Fox Racing IFP Shocks (Rear)
Blue Sea Management System (5026ST)
Doug Thorley Exhaust
Slotted and Drilled rotors with ceramic pads
stainless steel brake lines
Speski Cargo Barrier

I have modified the following:
Catalytic Converter Delete and 02 Sensor bypass
Modified roof rack (now flat rack)

I drove out to Ouray/Telluride in August for 100's in the Hills. It was my first time outwest, it was INCREDIBLE.

Here are a few pictures of the trip and my 100 Series as it stands.

IMG_7365_zps5f21032c.jpg
IMG_6962_zpsb0a5e078.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_6235_zps313fb0cb.jpg
IMG_6915_2_zps99f02e0e.jpg
IMG_6788_zpsc31e5f4f.jpg
IMG_7481_zps4f864a34.jpg
IMG_7163_zpsac6201b2.jpg
IMG_6652_zpsdbf547f1.jpg
IMG_6059_zpsacc64060.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5718_zpsa3cba5dc.jpg
    IMG_5718_zpsa3cba5dc.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_5743_zps952b17c5.jpg
    IMG_5743_zps952b17c5.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 76

2000UZJ

SE Overlanding Society
Now, this generally isn't the "Expo" way of driving, but after a few years of tweaking the exhaust, I finally have a worthy sounding V8. The 2UZ-FE is one of the best sounding V8's in the world right now...atleast I think it is! The 2UZ-FE's main issue is the OEM exhaust, the log manifolds, 2" piping, and restrictive OEM muffler create a huge restriction in flow. The engine breathes in a massive amount of air, but it can't get out fast enough. The DT exhaust netted me ~15HP, and the cat delete 5HP give or take. It's not a huge gain, but sitting on 35's and severely overweight, every little bit of power helps.

A quick video of "100's in the Hill's"

Here is a longer video of my adding several dents to my 100 :)

I like to take my 100 way past it's limitations...there is something about wheeling a full size IFS rig that I truly enjoy. Anybody can wheel a Jeep, it takes skill to maneuver a LWB, IFS, overweight rig through boulder fields.

Last edited:

p nut

butter
Nice 100, but please put functioning cats back in. 5HP is not worth all the crap you're now shooting out the tailpipe. Driving our 12MPG V8's are bad enough.

ontheway

Currently I am looking into joining the military and venturing to the other side of being a American. My brother is a US Marine, 8 years and 6 tours, special forces and all that great stuff. I enjoy outside and wheeling and meeting people... ok this is getting gay, it's not Match.com.

So I guess you never joined the military?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger