2000, 100 series build

Sempertoy

Explorer
They did great! Very minor rubbing on the top of the front inner fender and no rubbing in the rear. Most people said I would need to run 2" bump extensions to keep from rubbing in the rear but it didn't rub at all. It may have been different if I had the rear sway bar disconnected. For me I wouldn't want any smaller on this big of a vehicle! The other 100 in the group had 285s and a 1 1/2" lift and he scraped all the time where mine did not. Power wise, you can feel a little power loss but not bad at all. It actually does a little better at freeway speeds ,because of the rpm change I run about 2000 at 70mph instead of 2600 so it helps fuel mileage wise. All in all I very happy with the rig and how it is set up! Now I just need to get the rear bumper and swing out built.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thats great to hear. I was reading over on mud and a lot of people were bashing the 315's saying they were way too big for that vehicle. I think they are the perfect size. Keep up the good work, it inspires me for my future 100 build.

Benc

Explorer
Got started on my rear bumper this afternoon. Didn't get to much done but here are some pics.
mype3upu.jpg
utynu8ah.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aaron Schubert

You've got yourself a very tidy looking vehicle, and the bar work you've done certainly does it justice. I don't think I've seen a bull bar made as tidily as that, done DIY. Awesome work mate. Looking forward to seeing the rear bar finished!

Aaron

Benc

Explorer
Thanks guys, yes dual swing out with tire, axe , high lift and a basket for gas cans or ice chest . Got a little more done tonight. The gap between the bumper and tail gate will be filled by the swing out arms.
nynegapu.jpg
re6yhure.jpg
2upesytu.jpg
sybu5yme.jpg

Sempertoy

Explorer
What an invaluable skill to know how to fabricate. I really want to learn. Great job on all the armor, it looks great! You have inspired me to pursue a trade at this point.

Rezarf <><

Explorer
Looking great man, I have to agree everyone else, your fab skills are awesome.

Figure you've saved $3k in bumpers by the time you make your own. Keep up the good work.

Benc

Explorer
Bumper is almost done. Just need to finish up the basket and mounts for the jack , axe and shovel.
da6egu6y.jpg
ryruhe3u.jpg
ahu7a8ud.jpg
9uqu8uze.jpg
jary7azy.jpg
y5y2aju3.jpg
utaqa6av.jpg
qy9a9ute.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members