2005 Rubicon LJ

jscusmcvet

Explorer
Well, it is official... I am keeping the Jeep. Put the Suburban up for sale earlier today. I can justify it any way I want but the truth is the jeep is the one vehicle I have ever had that I did not compromise on in the purchase... it is exactly what I want and I cannot let it go at this time.

jscusmcvet

Explorer
Good choice! You know within a month you'd be scouring craigslist for another LJ
This is my suspicion as well and a big part of the decision. I have had this jeep since it had only 24K miles on it... one of the "newest vehicles" I have ever had. I know every scratch, dent, etc... they are mine. Stupid I know.

Presto88

Adventurer
This is my suspicion as well and a big part of the decision. I have had this jeep since it had only 24K miles on it... one of the "newest vehicles" I have ever had. I know every scratch, dent, etc... they are mine. Stupid I know.

Not "stupid"....wonderful! Congratulations on making the right decision!

Jim K in PA

Adventurer
Not stupid at all, John. This is a first world problem. YOU get to choose what you want. :D

I can tell you I have been close to selling my LJ Rubicon several times. Almost bought a mid-70s Full size Wagoneer (with a 4 speed). Luckily I have resisted, and am really glad I have kept it.

Like you, I have owned mine since it had just 7500 miles on it. I know every scratch and dent on it is mine, and earned. It has many more adventures ahead.

GLWS for the 'burb.

squint

Adventurer
I have had my LJ since it was new in 2005 and I still get excited every time I drive it. My wife and I always argue over who's Jeep we are going to drive, especially on a nice day. Our poor Xterra just sits in the driveway, waiting for bad weather, which we don't get much of here in AZ. I can't imagine my life without the simple pleasure of driving it. I know, that sounds crazy lol

jscusmcvet

Explorer
I have had my LJ since it was new in 2005 and I still get excited every time I drive it. My wife and I always argue over who's Jeep we are going to drive, especially on a nice day. Our poor Xterra just sits in the driveway, waiting for bad weather, which we don't get much of here in AZ. I can't imagine my life without the simple pleasure of driving it. I know, that sounds crazy lol
Yes we are all crazy. I appreciate all the support from my jeep therapy group :) I was tooling around in the jeep today and it is right. you know what I mean...

brownmule

Observer
I bought my LJ in 2005 new and every scratch is mine. I haven't done much to it because about a year after I bought it I had a back injury and went on disability. But before I did I installed a wilderness rack! I still have plans for it but will take a lot more time to achieve.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455884304.953337.jpg

jscusmcvet

Explorer
I bought my LJ in 2005 new and every scratch is mine. I haven't done much to it because about a year after I bought it I had a back injury and went on disability. But before I did I installed a wilderness rack! I still have plans for it but will take a lot more time to achieve.

View attachment 331192

Hope your back is getting better. Nice Jeep. What are your thoughts on the rack? We are considering one, but only after I get the squint top, to make sure it would fit. Is there a major hit to noise level or to MPG?

brownmule

Observer
I don't notice much noise, more so from the light bar than from the rack. I love the wilderness rack. I also bought the light brackets, hi-lift jack mount, and the shovel & ax mounts. The rack holds up to 800 lbs!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger