2006 Toyota Tundra DC hunting rig/family wagon/adventure mobile

character zero

dangerfoot
Well I still currently run stock 16s and love to keep 16 inch rims for more sidewall

Hmm I don't see the graphite. Only the light gunmetal and that's to silver than gray which I like. Otherwise bronze look sweet on my salsa red tundra

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry, you're correct, that is a lighter gunmetal.

Have you looked at his lineup for the Countersteer Offroad? They come in gunmetal.
https://www.fnwheels.com/new-products/konig-countersteer-offroad/

olypenjeeper

I've always liked those kmc's. a few years ago I was going to put the 16x8's on an 05 tacoma, and they were in national back order for several months. I settled on procomp 7089's, but I wish I would have been patient and waited.

huntsonora

Explorer
I've always liked those kmc's. a few years ago I was going to put the 16x8's on an 05 tacoma, and they were in national back order for several months. I settled on procomp 7089's, but I wish I would have been patient and waited.

Does it matter that these KMC's are not hub centric? I am IGNORANT when it comes to wheels. I am half tempted to just run 265's on stock rims and call it a day

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Sorry, you're correct, that is a lighter gunmetal.

Have you looked at his lineup for the Countersteer Offroad? They come in gunmetal.
https://www.fnwheels.com/new-products/konig-countersteer-offroad/

That 1st pic of the tundra you posted shows a dark gray/gunmetal color I want that instead of the one they have as an option. The light gunmetal is more silver

Edit: Cant do the counter steer. Love the wheels but everyone runs them. Mainly the 4runner crowd

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Costman13

Adventurer
I have the KMC enduros on my 02 tacoma. They look great. They scratch very easily however. I would look elsewhere if buying wheels again.

huntsonora

Explorer
So I ordered some 265/75r16 ST Maxx tires today. I just couldn't decide on wheels and I'm so damn tough on that kind of stuff anyway I just decided to run the stock wheels and the 265's shouldn't rub. I am only sacrificing looks and 1/2" of ground clearance but am saving about 7lbs per corner in unsprung weight so I should retain my performance and mileage. We'll see when they mount em up, they said if I didn't like them I could always change my mind and go with the 285's but I would have to buy different wheels

character zero

dangerfoot
So I ordered some 265/75r16 ST Maxx tires today. I just couldn't decide on wheels and I'm so damn tough on that kind of stuff anyway I just decided to run the stock wheels and the 265's shouldn't rub. I am only sacrificing looks and 1/2" of ground clearance but am saving about 7lbs per corner in unsprung weight so I should retain my performance and mileage. We'll see when they mount em up, they said if I didn't like them I could always change my mind and go with the 285's but I would have to buy different wheels

huntsonora - I'm with you on the weight savings of 265s...I'm going to try to stick to my guns when I go with new tires, I really think that aggressive 265s look just as good as less aggressive 285s in there.
Please post up pics and yeah, no rush on the wheels. I've been contemplating wheels for years now, never pulled the trigger other than sets of OEM take-offs I moved on CL just to justify spending some on wheels when it comes time.

deadbeat son

Explorer

I'm curious as to why this is? Is it because you would need less backspacing to prevent rubbing? If that's the case, you could always go with the ST Maxx in the 255/85-16 size and keep the stock wheels. Best of both worlds, taller size, no rubbing, no extra expense of unnecessary aftermarket wheels!

huntsonora

Explorer
I'm curious as to why this is? Is it because you would need less backspacing to prevent rubbing? If that's the case, you could always go with the ST Maxx in the 255/85-16 size and keep the stock wheels. Best of both worlds, taller size, no rubbing, no extra expense of unnecessary aftermarket wheels!

It was going to be a longer wait to get the 255's and I think I'll like the 265's. With 285's I would need less backspacing or spacers to make it work

Willman

Just get on a list for the 255's. I was the first to get them and only waited 4 weeks. Worth it!

DSC_0151.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78