2019 Power Wagon Build

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
I'm curious of your thoughts on two points.

1: Interior build quality? I have a '17 F-150 Lariat and love all the features but HATE the build quality. Coming from always owning Toyotas maybe my standards are too high but the plastic creaks from ever trim piece over bumps or if you look at them wrong drives me mad.
The 4th Gen trucks have excellent interior build quality so I would think this update would be the same. I have 85k on my Laramie on 36s and the interior is as quiet as the day it rolled off the lot. Zero rattles or squeaks and it is holding up better than any truck I've had before, including Platinum F150s. With the exception of a few wrinkles on the driver seat leather, it literally looks new when I've just had it detailed.

Explorerinil

Observer
The 4th Gen trucks have excellent interior build quality so I would think this update would be the same. I have 85k on my Laramie on 36s and the interior is as quiet as the day it rolled off the lot. Zero rattles or squeaks and it is holding up better than any truck I've had before, including Platinum F150s. With the exception of a few wrinkles on the driver seat leather, it literally looks new when I've just had it detailed.
I agree, my 16 just turned 45k, running 37’s since new towing over 10k, no problems, runs and performs awesome, interior is great and no rattles.

bdog1

Adventurer
There is a hidden release cable to put trans in neutral Some are in consul, some under dash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PeteEinMT

Observer
Agreed I have had Prev Rams and the interior is nice and refined. I did look at Fords briefly and they looked more plastic like to me. The dial has been an easier adjustment than I thought so no complaints there.

Pete

Explorerinil

Observer
Agreed I have had Prev Rams and the interior is nice and refined. I did look at Fords briefly and they looked more plastic like to me. The dial has been an easier adjustment than I thought so no complaints there.

Pete
Every time I get in a ford, and that’s everyday since I drive one at work, the interior just feels weird and gross to me. I think the ram truck is just more refined, rounded and comfortable, hard to explain.

brandon12777

Every time I get in a ford, and that’s everyday since I drive one at work, the interior just feels weird and gross to me. I think the ram truck is just more refined, rounded and comfortable, hard to explain.

Coming from Toyota when I finally tried a domestic oem I thought Ford was the top dog in all ways. I actually didnt even look at Ram I had some friends with Rams from the late 90s early 2000s who had terrible problems so I considered them the lowest of the domestics. When I checked out 2500s a couple weeks back I was quite surprised at the interior quality and most people I see echo some of your comments. I just got to decide now between the 2018 with some great deals on them or the really nicely updated 2019s.

Thanks for all the info

Bayou Boy

Adventurer

Agreed. A friend of mine has a 2018 F250 Lariat. My 2014 Laramie is significantly nicer. The surfaces feel much more upscale to the touch.

Explorerinil

Observer
Coming from Toyota when I finally tried a domestic oem I thought Ford was the top dog in all ways. I actually didnt even look at Ram I had some friends with Rams from the late 90s early 2000s who had terrible problems so I considered them the lowest of the domestics. When I checked out 2500s a couple weeks back I was quite surprised at the interior quality and most people I see echo some of your comments. I just got to decide now between the 2018 with some great deals on them or the really nicely updated 2019s.

Thanks for all the info
It depends on what type of truck your after, in some cases the 19 may be a much better option, like if you go with a 3500 cummins with air ride, I would get a 19, there was some huge improvements on the air tank location, steering and complete power train. If you are just looking at a gasser truck, save some money and get a 18.

Jurfie

Adventurer
Good eye on the Mustang!! 67 GTA S code, 82 J10 Sportside 72 CJ6 and an 84 Scrambler

I had a '68 Mustang that I thoroughly regret selling (when I was young and broke). Mine had a 289 with 351W heads, not the 390 like yours. My dad and I built it together almost 30 years ago. One day I'll have another. Or better yet, find my old one and bring it back into the fold...(wistfulgazeintothedistance)...

Nice stable you've got, though! Would love to see better pics of all 4 if you ever feel so inclined to allow another man to covet your collection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears