2019 Ram 3500 build thread

Capital E

The first page has been seriously lacking in Ram build threads lately. I guess it's time for me to step up and take one for the team. Just picked up this 3500 Cummins long bed. Here is the plan:

Carli 2.5" leveling kit
Carli sway bar
AEV Katla 17x8.5's
37" tires (not sure which ones yet)

Will 37's work with just the leveling kit?

I really want to throw a flat-bed on there but still working through sensors, cameras, and budget for that. Anyway-let the fun begin.

Last edited:

ttengineer

Adventurer
Carli released a video of the new 2019 and say that they have to design a new sway bar for it. Not sure when they will bring it to market though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Explorerinil

Observer
Like said above, the carli sway bar won’t work... yet. See if thuren sway bar will work. Yes you can clear 37’s with the right offset. Contact CJC off-road and see what they offer for the 19, they are very close with carli.

Capital E

Thanks for the info guys. I've got messages in to AEV and Carli. Will check with Thuren. AEV was checking wheel fitment this week. We aren't sure if the 17" wheels will clear the brake caliper.

Capital E

I spoke with Thuren and ordered their 1.75" leveling kit. I didn't hear back from Carli but Thuren said they have sold a few kits for the 2019's and haven't had any complaints other than the adaptive cruise control may act a little weird. I don't even have that option so I'm not worried about it. I liked that the Thuren was a little bit less lift. Carli only lists a .5" kit or a 2.25" kit. The truck already sits pretty high, I'm just looking for a bit better ride and a more level stance. I'm going to hold off on the sway bar for now and see how the truck handles. They shipped super fast so I may be able to get the lift put on this weekend.

Last edited:

Capital E

I put the aev wheels on my 19 Power Wagon assuming same breaks as the 3500

Thanks Pete! Your truck looks awesome BTW. I wonder if the PW headlights would fit in the 3500? The blacked out housing looks great with that color. I keep going back and forth between the Katla and the Salta. Your truck makes me want the Salta's.

Last edited:

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
I spoke with Thuren and ordered their 1.75" leveling kit. I didn't hear back from Carli but Thuren said they have sold a few kits for the 2019's and haven't had any complaints other than the adaptive cruise control may act a little weird. I don't think I even have that option so I'm not worried about it. I liked that the Thuren was a little bit less lift. Carli only lists a .5" kit or a 2.25" kit. The truck already sits pretty high, I'm just looking for a bit better ride and a more level stance. I'm going to hold off on the sway bar for now and see how the truck handles. They shipped super fast so I may be able to get the lift put on this weekend.

I have that same kit on my 2014 with the Fox IFP shocks. I installed the matching shocks on the rear this past weekend and it made a significant difference in how balanced the truck feels with the stock rear leafs. Cheap easy upgrade if you didn't go for a set of 4 more expensive shocks.

http://www.cjcoffroad.com/Fox-Dodge-Ram-2013-2018-Rear-2-0-Performance-Ser-p/fox-dodge3500rear.htm

I was also told by CJC that these in the 0-1" height would work well with the Carli minipacks if I were to add them later.

Capital E

I put the aev wheels on my 19 Power Wagon assuming same brakes as the 3500

AEV hasn't been able to verify that their wheels will fit yet. For the MY 2018 trucks the 2500 gasser and the 3500 CTD used the same brake caliper and rotor but I haven't been able to confirm that they did for 2019. I'm pretty sure they will fit, just not sure enough to place the order. The caliper looks really close on the stock 18" wheels. I've been looking at other wheel options but can't handle the fake beadlock look anymore and there isn't much else out there. The research continues...

Darwin

Explorer
I hear you on the fake beadlock look. I ended up going with fake beadlocks though, mainly because there were not really any other options out there for my needs. I thought about AEV's but the only tire option that would work for me was 37x13.5 Toyo MT and I didn't want to deal with the weight of the tire and the fact that it's mud terrain. I wish there were more options for tires in the 37 size.

I went with Method NV HD 18x9 with the correct backspace of +18 mm and rated at 4,500 lbs I just mounted 37x12.5 Falken Wildpeak At3w 3,960 lbs capacity tires to go on my dually to single Ram cab and chassis.

I am putting the Falken 37's on with no lift BTW

Last edited:

Capital E

I hear you on the fake beadlock look. I ended up going with fake beadlocks though, mainly because there were not really any other options out there for my needs. I thought about AEV's but the only tire option that would work for me was 37x13.5 Toyo MT and I didn't want to deal with the weight of the tire and the fact that it's mud terrain. I wish there were more options for tires in the 37 size.

I went with Method NV HD 18x9 with the correct backspace of +18 mm and rated at 4,500 lbs I just mounted 37x12.5 Falken Wildpeak At3w 3,960 lbs capacity tires to go on my dually to single Ram cab and chassis.

I am putting the Falken 37's on with no lift BTW

Sounds awesome! Any pics?

Darwin

Explorer
Sounds awesome! Any pics?
Not yet, I just finished removing the duals in the back and installing the new tires/wheels. Still have the fronts to do but waiting till saturday when the weather improves. I will try to post a picture when finished.

I also have to drive the truck to San Diego end of next week to start the flatbed build

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior