2019 Ram 3500 build thread

Capital E

Got some work done this weekend. The Thuren coils and King 2.0's on all four corners. It now sits 1/4" low in the front versus 2 1/4" stock. Perfect stance in my opinion. I haven't had a chance to drive it yet. AEV confirmed the wheels will fit and I should have those tomorrow.

Explorerinil

Observer
Looks good, do you have adaptive cruise control? If so I hear people are having some issues with it and lifted/leveled trucks.

arielmiller

The adaptive cruise control on the ram is right under the rear view mirror. Not sure how they will be able to relocate that.

Capital E

So i drove the truck around the block and now a"Service Electronic Stability Control" warning comes on? I think there is a steering wheel position sensor and maybe since the steering wheel is no longer centered it tripped the warning? Any other ideas? Maybe the alignment will fix it. Just waiting on new tires to get the alignment done.

Explorerinil

Observer
Adjusting the draglink to re-center the wheel should be pretty simple. No need to wait for an alignment.
Yes what he said! When you alight it get toe as close to 0 you can, get the caster adjusters facing down toward the ground or slightly reward, make sure they are not far out of sync, to much cross caster will give a radius arm truck dramatic lean on one side.

Capital E

What do you plan to do for a spare tire? I don't think a 37" will fit underneath in the factory location.

I ended up going with 35" tires instead of the 37's. I'll see how these go and maybe switch to a 37" in the future. I just couldn't justify the extra expense and weight of the 37's since the Toyo MT was pretty much my only option in a 17"x12.50 size. They are close enough to stock size that I will stick with the stock spare in the factory location for now.

Last edited:

Capital E

FYI-if installing a lift on a new Ram yourself be sure to center the steering wheel before driving at all. The ESC light that came on required a re-calibration at the dealer to a tune of $125. I guess if the stability control senses the steering wheel off center it throws a code that can only be fixed by re-calibrating the system. I am loving the Thuren springs and King shocks. It made a huge difference in ride quality. I did get the AEV rims and ended up with 35x12.50x17 Toyo MT's. I really didn't want that aggressive of a tire but there aren't many options in a 35 or 37" tire that fit the load rating required by this truck. I also got a Bradford flatbed installed. I ordered a Carli minipack for the rear and then I am done for a while. The plan after that is to get out and use it...

tommesch

Did you get the sensors and camera worked out? How much of an issue was it? May be trying this on a Limited 3500 soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior