2019 Ram 3500 build thread

PeteEinMT

Observer
Looks great I need to give Thuren a call on some shocks but like you I went 35's over 37's and may upgrade. I really want that full size spare. I was able to squeeze the toyo 35 in the spare location

Pete

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
@Capital E can you take a picture of your stickers on the door for me? The white one with axle and gvwr and the yellow one with payload. I'm pretty sure I'm ordering another truck when the 2020s open up and I'm trying to figure out whether to go short or long bed.

Capital E

Did you get the sensors and camera worked out? How much of an issue was it? May be trying this on a Limited 3500 soon.

Sort of. They fished the camera out of the tailgate and mounted it on the flatbed. It works great for hooking up a trailer. However, since it sits lower than the factory location the perspective is a little weird. The tire lines on the monitor don't line up with where the tires are actually going anymore. As far as the sensors go, it sounds pretty simple but I need to buy the mounting rings. Once you have the rings to mount them it's just a matter of drilling holes in the bed and popping them in. Right now I just have them zip tied up on the frame and disabled. I'm not sure they matter that much to me.

Capital E

@Capital E can you take a picture of your stickers on the door for me? The white one with axle and gvwr and the yellow one with payload. I'm pretty sure I'm ordering another truck when the 2020s open up and I'm trying to figure out whether to go short or long bed.

Is this what you are looking for:

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
Thanks kindly. Perfect. Incredible that the long beds get another 500# GVWR with the same axle rating. Shows how arbitrary it all is.

nater

Adventurer
I believe you can turn off the back up lines using AlfaOBD (as well as do all kinds of other nifty things). If they are "wrong" now, you might as well turn them off (if you want!).

Capital E

I believe you can turn off the back up lines using AlfaOBD (as well as do all kinds of other nifty things). If they are "wrong" now, you might as well turn them off (if you want!).

That's a good idea. I'll dig into it. Thanks

Capital E

Decided to switch it up. Went to 18" Method wheels and a 37x12.50 Falken Wildpeak AT3W. I wanted a little less aggressive tire than the Toyo's. Haven't driven far enough for a review yet. I do have slight rub on the front mud flaps at full lock. Will have to mess with it some more to see how bad it is.
RAM 1.jpg
RAM 2.jpg

Capital E

AEV rims are for sale in the vehicle parts section

Capital E

How are you liking the flat bed?
I love the functionality of it. Not having to lean over bedrails to get stuff out of the truck is way nice. I kind of wish I would have spent the extra coin for an aluminum one but they are like triple the cost. I'm starting to see surface rust on some spots. I'm sure it will take decades to affect the structure at all but cosmetically I'll have to stay on top of it. I hate rust with a passion. I don't think I can ever own a truck without a flat bed from here on out.

MTVR

Simple coil-swap lifts like that cost you some caster and pull the front axle to the left a little. They throw off the aim of your headlights and can adversely affect adaptive cruise and anything else that depends on the vehicle's ride height and attitude to operate properly. But at least they don't reduce suspension travel like spacer lifts do...

KilroySC

I bought a full setup from Thuren for my 2500. Talked With and emailed Chris quite a bit to get things spec’d out before ordering. It’s a great setup. I only went with 35’s but full travel and lock to lock no issues. Only minimal trimming required. Soaks up the bumps very well.

Capital E

Simple coil-swap lifts like that cost you some caster and pull the front axle to the left a little. They throw off the aim of your headlights and can adversely affect adaptive cruise and anything else that depends on the vehicle's ride height and attitude to operate properly. But at least they don't reduce suspension travel like spacer lifts do...
I added the Thuren adjustable track bar to help keep the axle centered. Haven't noticed any issues. No adaptive cruise control on my truck so didn't have to mess with that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior