2024 Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe

eatSleepWoof

Do it for the 'gram
I can't recall, are up changing out the mattress?
I've yet to find an RV that has a decent one from the factory.
If it's not already part of your plan, add it to your list or look at a memory foam gel mattress topper. Your back will thank you.

+1

Next to not being eaten by a bear, a comfortable night's sleep is about the most important thing in camping.

As my wife will attest, if the morning rolls around and I haven't had a good night's sleep, no one will be having a good day. :(

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
+1

Next to not being eaten by a bear, a comfortable night's sleep is about the most important thing in camping.

As my wife will attest, if the morning rolls around and I haven't had a good night's sleep, no one will be having a good day. :(
Being able to have a decent mattress has been the biggest plus for us going from a tent trailer to a hardwall.

Tent trailer mattresses suck! And because you have to be able to collapse everything down to close it up, you can't even upgrade to a thicker mattress.

We leave the bed set up permanently in our Casita. Swapped the dinette cushions for a memory foam from Walmart. Cut it with an electric knife to fit the curved back wall. It's very comfortable, light weight and inexpensive.

Ninelitetrip

These are great for saving water.

Florida Native

We leave the bed set up permanently in our Casita. Swapped the dinette cushions for a memory foam from Walmart. Cut it with an electric knife to fit the curved back wall. It's very comfortable, light weight and inexpensive.

We did similar, but just added a 3” memory foam topper on top of the cushions.

-Mike

Reactions: CCH

Tex68w

Beach Bum

We added a 7" memory foam mattress and removed the large dinette cushions. With it being just the two of us at most 98% of the time there's no reason to need to convert it back to a dinette when there's the smaller two-seat dinette on the side.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I was running behind schedule Thursday afternoon before I departed for the gun club for the weekend match. I get to the storage unit to hook up the trailer only to realize that the street side tire is completely flat once I got it off of the stabilizer jacks. Brand new tires from Discount, no nails/screws in the tread, no sidewall cuts, how could this be? So I busted out the air compressor and aired it up to max psi and set it back down only to realize it was the valve stem. $hitty metal valve stems strike again. Luckily the little hometown tire shop was open and I got it swapped out before I took off. I was thankful to have the new 7500lb stabilizer jacks to help make short work of this. Needless to say they have nearly paid for themselves already.

cFELpS0.jpg

V9v9GHK.jpg

Multiple storms rolled in from the time I arrived to setup the trailer and continued on throughout the evening. The last storm rolled in a little after 11pm and I awoke to 40+ mph winds slamming into the trailer along with pea size hail. It's always a different experience weathering a storm in a trailer versus at home but given the conditions the trailer did exceptionally well.

jVTPsqS.png

eatSleepWoof

Do it for the 'gram
I also used 7500lb stabilizers on my last trailer (which was slightly heavier than yours, I think); they paid for themselves many times over. Good call on that choice!

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I also used 7500lb stabilizers on my last trailer (which was slightly heavier than yours, I think); they paid for themselves many times over. Good call on that choice!

I had mounting plates welded to the frame front and rear, I just haven't attached the front jacks yet. But yes, these are a massive improvement over the stock 1500lb junkers they had on there far too aft.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I spotted an Oliver Elite II (my dream RV) here in town earlier this week, I definitely got the feels upon seeing it. I made the following meme as it might ring true lol. Either way, they are a hard flex on us poors in our Casita's.

Ew50rTS.jpg

aVgqo6j.jpg

Last edited:

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I finally received my "missing" Fiamma awning crank, it's wild that the factory argued with me about it being in the camper when it was clearly missing. The awning will extend a couple more feet out (5-6ft) with the support arms secure to the side of the camper as pictured and it'll extend to 10ft if you stake the legs to the ground. It comes with a center support bar for the canopy when extending it out fully. I am excited to have an awning, it has been many years since I've had one.

jw2BXHK.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior