2024 Land Cruiser in the USA?

nickw

Adventurer
I'd even caveat the range/mpgs being better. Stick a 3-4k lb trailer behind the LC and it's going to take a massive hit compared to the GX. I'd guess it'll either be on par at that point or WORSE than the GX's.

And...Koons Toyota in Easton, MD is already starting with the ridiculousness. I mean, c'mon. If you're going to blatantly rip people off, at least use a stock photo of the correct color (the vehicle is supposed to be silver).
View attachment 826810
Poor form - but I've always been been able to negotiate that ADM out and/or find a dealer in the area that doesn't add it....has always felt like a strategy to get you to pay full MSRP, best case scenario.

K9LTW

Poor form - but I've always been been able to negotiate that ADM out and/or find a dealer in the area that doesn't add it....has always felt like a strategy to get you to pay full MSRP, best case scenario.
Agreed. Honestly it's not that hard to pick up the phone and find a dealership that WON'T mark things up. It shocks me, though, how many people just up and pay some ridiculous ADM. Ultimately they're the ones to blame for these practices continuing.

I had a coworker guilt of paying ADM on...a TRX, I think? His argument was that there was nothing local that wasn't marked up. I pointed out how ridiculously less expensive it would've been to take a minute to shop around and either ship, or fly out and drive something home at MSRP. Dealers thrive on laziness.

Last edited:

nickw

Adventurer
Agreed. Honestly it's not that hard to pick up the phone and find a dealership that WON'T mark things up. It shocks me, though, how many people just up and pay some ridiculous ADM, though. Ultimately they're the ones to blame for these practices continuing.

I had a coworker guilt of paying ADM on...a TRX, I think? His argument was that there was nothing local that wasn't marked up. I pointed out how ridiculously less expensive it would've been to take a minute to shop around and either ship, or fly out and drive something home at MSRP. Dealers thrive on laziness.
A few years back I wanted to buy a VW Golf R - dealer had a $5k markup, went to dealer 20 minutes away, msrp. Same for my current Ram 2500, dealer near my house full MSRP + a bunch of BS add ons, dealer up the road for the same truck $2k below MSRP + $1k rebate.

People just need to stop, dealers make their margins + profit on a vehicle even below MSRP why somebody would pay them MORE is absolutely beyond me.....I'd walk or ride by bike everywhere looking for a fair deal before I'd pay a dealer $1 over MSRP, maybe I sound like that old guy driving across town to save 5c on gas, but it's the principle of it all. Last time I looked those folks that own dealerships have done just fine for themselves even when it was common to negotiate below MSRP.....

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
A few years back I wanted to buy a VW Golf R - dealer had a $5k markup, went to dealer 20 minutes away, msrp. Same for my current Ram 2500, dealer near my house full MSRP + a bunch of BS add ons, dealer up the road for the same truck $2k below MSRP + $1k rebate.

People just need to stop, dealers make their margins + profit on a vehicle even below MSRP why somebody would pay them MORE is absolutely beyond me.....I'd walk or ride by bike everywhere looking for a fair deal before I'd pay a dealer $1 over MSRP, maybe I sound like that old guy driving across town to save 5c on gas, but it's the principle of it all. Last time I looked those folks that own dealerships have done just fine for themselves even when it was common to negotiate below MSRP.....
Yep, during the covid BS it was the same up here. Everything on the lots was above MSRP. I was willing to order and wait so since I wasn't taking a unit off the lot back when there was no inventory, I was able to negotiate and get a truck with the stuff I wanted and nothing I didn't.

eddy_c

With only 5000 first editions being made and just under 1300 US dealerships, that isn't very many for each to sell. I can see why they are trying to get a premium out of them, and I am sure there are 5000 people in the US that will pay the premium to have a limited edition vehicle. If it is true that allocation is based off of 4runner sales, some regions may have very few available. Some dealers in my area are showing 3, 4 and one even 8 to sell, that means that many dealers will only get 1 especially the smaller dealerships. I don't agree with the ADA being added, one dealer that was only given 1 to sell added 15K and was listed as a pending deal the day it hit their webpage. I am hoping prices fall back down to MSRP after the 5000 first editions are gone. I guess time will tell.

Teebo

With only 5000 first editions being made and just under 1300 US dealerships, that isn't very many for each to sell. I can see why they are trying to get a premium out of them, and I am sure there are 5000 people in the US that will pay the premium to have a limited edition vehicle. If it is true that allocation is based off of 4runner sales, some regions may have very few available. Some dealers in my area are showing 3, 4 and one even 8 to sell, that means that many dealers will only get 1 especially the smaller dealerships. I don't agree with the ADA being added, one dealer that was only given 1 to sell added 15K and was listed as a pending deal the day it hit their webpage. I am hoping prices fall back down to MSRP after the 5000 first editions are gone. I guess time will tell.
Canada is getting 290 of those 5000 so there are even less for them to sell.

Jeff_DML

I watched a bunch of the LC250 youtube videos and sadly don't see the point of it minus the looks. No more ability then the new 4runner or GX550, it is actually worse since it seems to only come with crappier tires. So either save some money getting the 4r or get more power luxury in the GX550. Kind of bummed, I was excited initially.

Jeff_DML

And in regards to the 1958, glad they offer the rear locker but they should at least offer the disconnect-able front sway bar as an option. Also for me , if I am getting a modern car with it's potentially electrical/software issues then I want the big screen with and all the trail cams.

Dougnuts

And in regards to the 1958, glad they offer the rear locker but they should at least offer the disconnect-able front sway bar as an option. Also for me , if I am getting a modern car with it's potentially electrical/software issues then I want the big screen with and all the trail cams.

I agree. The LC should come with all the off-road bits and the large screen, by default.

nickw

Adventurer
I agree. The LC should come with all the off-road bits and the large screen, by default.
It should also come with upgraded rear axle like the GX550 is getting, for all intents and purposes the LC250 = 4Runner which is very much a deviation from historical practice of the LC being built heavier duty than the 4runner/Prado. What we effectively have now is a "Landcruiser" Prado.....akin to the historical GX 460/470....which is confusing as all get out because now the GX is more Landcruiser heritage wise than the Landcruiser 250 is....

klahanie

daydream believer
I watched a bunch of the LC250 youtube videos and sadly don't see the point of it minus the looks. No more ability then the new 4runner or GX550, it is actually worse since it seems to only come with crappier tires. So either save some money getting the 4r or get more power luxury in the GX550. Kind of bummed, I was excited initially.
Headroom maybe ? I think I read the LC is ~5" taller. If that translates into more headroom that might be a plus over the 4R. And maybe for use as an SUV the cargo area might fit better for some.

Jeff_DML

Headroom maybe ? I think I read the LC is ~5" taller. If that translates into more headroom that might be a plus over the 4R. And maybe for use as an SUV the cargo area might fit better for some.
yeah but you can get a non-hybrid 4runner which would get you and additional ~ 6" lower load floor since no battery but point taken.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman