AEV-Produced J8 Now Available to Consumers

JPFreek1

Explorer
Freek --
Think you can find out if some of the esoteric parts will be available? I'm really into some of the racks, cans, and I want those bumpers/helo-hooks.... :drool:

Okay, I have confirmed that the hood-mounted snorkel WILL be available through Mopar. Mopar has also announced a number of additional items they will be offering, including the following:

American Expedition Vehicles (AEV) Parts
Lastly, Mopar has introduced numerous parts available through a partnership with American Expedition Vehicles (AEV). Please see your dealer for a complete list of AEV parts available.

I've created a News post on the JPFreek News blog at the following URL with more on Mopar's new parts offerings:

http://www.jpfreek.com/news_events/

I'll check on the bumpers et al and keep you guys posted. :)

Last edited:

JPFreek1

Explorer
By the way, thought y'all would be interested in the following as well:

ATK 4.7-liter Stroker Motor
Following up on Mopar’s announcement last year that it would investigate adding a stroker motor to its portfolio, the parts maker displayed a 4.7-liter engine on the XJ Stroker vehicle at Moab. This is the same motor that won the 4X4 SUV category at the 2008 Score International Baja 1000 in Essenada, Mexico. Mopar plans to launch the ATK 4.7-liter Stroker motor for Jeep applications starting in September 2009.

Crookthumb

Adventurer
It use to be that everybody copied Jeep. Well it looks like it has come around to Jeep copying everybody else. The military J8 reminds me of a mix between the Mercedes Gelaendewagen IFAV and a Land Rover MOD 110. It still doesn't look as good as either.

haven

Expedition Leader
Just to be clear, the ATK engine is a remanufactured unit originally from the 1987 to 1990, or the 1991 to 1995 Jeep products. It's a straight 6 with longer stroke and slightly wider bore than stock. It sounds like a good choice when a 1990s Wrangler or Cherokee needs a new powerplant.

The "XJ Stroker" is the name Jeep has given to a Cherokee with the ATK engine that the company is showing at the 2009 Easter gathering in Moab to raise interest in the new additions to the Mopar parts catalog.

I suppose you could figure out how to put the ATK engine into a J8, but since kits are available, it would be much easier to install a modern day Hemi V8.

In any case, it's great to hear that Mopar is distributing products from specialty manufacturers like AEV and ATK.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Does the J8 have a body lift or is there some reason they could not have tucked the rear bumper closer to the body? I see that the spare comes down and almost rests on it. Looks like the rear departure angle will suffer to put on a bigger tire.
I think that's a 35 on there, not a JK stock 31 (that they call a 32) or a true 33. IMO, a 35 is needed on an Unlimited to keep the proportions and breakover angle of a 2-door on 33's...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan