AEV-Produced J8 Now Available to Consumers

JPFreek1

Explorer
*This just in*

JPFreek has confirmed this as of 6:30pm last night and the J8 WILL be available for consumer purchase through AEV. The vehicle has the exact same specs as the J8 Sarge featured in the international market and will have D44 front/D60 rear axles, a rear payload of 2600lbs, the 2.8VM international diesel engine, and 35" BFG KM2 tires. Purchase of the J8 will be made available exclusively through AEV with the engine and tranny not being included but available for purchase and install through any AEV dealer.

An exclusive test run of the 2-door & 4-door J8 will be featured in the upcoming issue of JPFreek Adventure Magazine - www.jpfreek.com - so stay tuned.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
WOW....
A 4 door Jeep with a diesel!
Ok this hurts to ask, but how much? I only worry that the limited number of sales that might be due to price would give anti-diesel folks the ammo to say "see no one wants diesels"

No matter what it is really cool to see AEV doing this.

Zeero

Adventurer
Yeah, $50,000, not including motor and transmission, I'm sorry to say, that's ludicrous.

How can a typical Jeep enthusiast go after that?

Its obvious that these will be reserved for those with massive budgets, and more than likely won't be used for the intended purposes.

$50G's is way over priced.

Yeah, 50k is alot of money. Nobody will argue about that, but think what it costs some of these one of a kind extreme JK builders to build these fancy SEMA vehicles that never even see the trails. Granted my 50k will stay in my pocket, but this thing will be plastered all over the mags, Moab and ubber rich peoples garages.
It will be interesting to see which road this next step will take Jeep down.

If it's $50k with no drivetrain... Wow. At least they are available. Hopefully they do well and Jeep decides to push it on their own and maybe drop the price by...half? A boy can dream can't he?

Brian

haven

Expedition Leader
The cost estimate is $50K, including the engine and installation charges.

AEV intends to sell you the rolling chassis only. Then it's up to you to purchase the 2.8L four cylinder diesel and transmission from Chrysler. I guess Mopar stocks complete diesel engine and transmission packages to replace units that fail in the 2005-2006 Jeep Liberty.

I'm still not sure you'll be able to get this combination past your state DMV because it's a 2009 chassis with a 2005 engine and emissions package. I wrote to Nevada DMV to find out.

Chip Haven

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
I'm still not sure you'll be able to get this combination past your state DMV because it's a 2009 chassis with a 2005 engine and emissions package. I wrote to Nevada DMV to find out.

Chip Haven
Chip, most states offer VIN numbers for kit-cars that are pretty much exempt of any regulations but the basic safety rules. That's why AEV can not sell the complete vehicle but you have to gather the components for your "kit" from different sources. ;)

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society

Chip Haven
Why wouldn't it be a 2010 Euro diesel?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan