An expedition truck on portals...

Pedro

Capitan rally fluffer
air or hydro bump stops?

either way that should be a great improvement for the Rallye adventures.

Oilworker

Explorer
They are the 2"x4" hdyraulic bump stops.

The red kit is this one, which Simon Buck of Devon4x4 has developed and extensively tested on his trophy truck...

D44_King_Mountin_4d67cc8557209.jpg

I first saw the kit at the LRO Show in Billing (UK) 2010 and started saving immediatly.
Jim Marsden (Gigglepin) fitted this kit on his 2011 trophy truck, too. He, among others won the Croatia Trophy and made 5th in the 18th Rallye Breslau.

My first impression of the Kings is really good.

Oilworker

Explorer
Done. Everything packed and loaded....a last group photo at Porsche in Hamburg-Nedderfeld...

20111223_Farewell_web800.jpg

The gang: Erik (Driver) - Paddy (Film) - Wolfgang (Co-driver) - Robert (Driver/Press) - Gyn-Olaf (Support)

...and of course the car...

911_Safari_on_Trailer_022.jpg

Now I am off to St. Cyprien (F)

So long,

Robert

Last edited:

Oilworker

Explorer
Thanx!

We will keep you updated as we move along.
This is going to be a big adventure for all of us and so many legends in one place, too.

Greetings from the road (2067km to go),

Robert

Oilworker

Explorer
Yepp, I am in the Defender.
From Hamburg to St. Cyprien solo and then the others will join as the celebrate christmas at home and fly in.
After that, Gyn-Olaf, Paddy and I will drive together ahead of Erik and Wolfgang, but only a phone call away as I am carrying most of his spares and back-up fuel for him, too.
Sort of press/fast assistance combo, just as I did in the 2007 Transsyberia Rallye, too.

Oilworker

Explorer
With the truck pretty much loaded up, incl. extra fuel for the 911 Safari and the Rhino, I made a quick test drive this afternoon to check the suspension a bit.
Resumée:
It´s by far better set up than my Proflex where, though they were put together for the same weight. The rear will need a few tweaks when I do this kin dog spares haulage again. The front feels pretty good though it´ll all really show when we get to the tracks of the Atta mountain range or into the Sahara.

I picked up some more gear for us to use/test and abuse, tonight, too. I will snap a few pictures tomorrow morning to show what I found during the last weeks and what I managed to secure for our little holiday trip.

Thanx & have a great christmas, wherever you are!

Robert

GroupSe7en

Adventurer
Hey Robert!

If you see a Cayenne in Africa, snap a pic for me!
We just got one and I'm trying to figure out how to build it up.

Safe travels and good luck!

Cheers,
Mark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan