An expedition truck on portals...

Oilworker

Explorer
20130713_RK_03862_web1000t.jpg

The air displays were awesome but the Vulcan really was the best!

uk trailer guy

Observer
One of these cars is this rallye asdistance car he build and which he just took on a 10.000+ km expedition of West Africa

1017342_505204412884188_326321062_n.jpg

Just read the article in LRO on your friend's work - serious attention to detail (due to his his previous profession, no doubt!).

Seriously well kitted out fleet of vehicles and so well planned out, from the ground up.

Toy-Roverlander

Adventurer
Spotted at 4wd festival in Oss, the Netherlands..

Awesome to have been able to see it in the flesh. Truly a very impressive vehicle!!:smiley_drive:

20130901_135851_zps092f46c2.jpg

20130901_135905_zps84da0c10.jpg

Oilworker

Explorer
Well, I can´t I hide, can I? :D

I am not done yet with the work over of the LR-130CC-R(hino) as I still have to do the front axle and the electrics, but I am on my second Bowler Experience Tour now.

20130901_4WD_Festival_Bowler_and_Rhino_web.jpg

I introduced this last year when I did a 2.5 week tour of Europe, supported by Bowler, Land Rover and IFOR Williams Trailers.

Since then a few things have developed and now I am coin a full 6 week Tour (also see: https://www.facebook.com/BowlerExperienceTour)

I picked up my Boiwer EXR last month...

Bowler_Experience_Tour_The_collection.jpg

...have done a quick trip to Paris to do some location scouting...

Bowler_Experience_Tour_Paris_Eifel_Tower.jpg

Bowler_Experience_Tour_Paris_Arc_de_Triomphe.jpg

...and have now officially started the Tour at the 4WD festival in Oss, The Netherlands.

20130901_M_van_Oort_Bowler_EXR_001_web800ss.jpg

20130901_4x4Foto_Bowler_EXR_003_web1200ss_tagged_02.jpg

BvdL_20130901_DSC_2056_web1200t_02.jpg

This year the Tour is a joint venture between Rallyewerk and Desert Foxx Racing and thus it gives me more time and also opens up some new opportunities.

The towing car for the Tour again is my 130CC-R and the trailer of choice...yeah, what else ;-)

More to come as I am also going to pick a few more pieces of kit for my Defender along the road.

Leipo

can you tell us more about that hydrolic stamp thingy that is under that bowler?
looks really nice to raise the car in the sand when stuck :ylsmoke:

Oilworker

Explorer
Andreas,
do you refer to the MAN KAT 6x6 of Desert Foxx?
That would then be 6x Nordic Lights, though I don´t know the exact spec, but I can find out tomorrow, if you like.

Robert

AndreasN

Observer
Hey Robert

I guess I was not quite clear. I meant the white Defender from Desert Foxx on page 85. Which also has that nice roof tent in a box, which I would like to know.

danke und Gruss
Andreas

Andreas,
do you refer to the MAN KAT 6x6 of Desert Foxx?
That would then be 6x Nordic Lights, though I don´t know the exact spec, but I can find out tomorrow, if you like.

Robert

Oilworker

Explorer
Howdy! :rally_guys: I am back from the road :coffee: unbelievable….

The Rhino is up for a complete oil change on Monday and somewhere along the last 1500 miles I lost my 5th gear :-(

The IFOR Williams Trailer is back in the workshop and all cars are back with their owners (911 Safari) or currently being serviced (EXR).

My "Bowler Experience Tour 2013" has finally come to a successful end and it was rather eventful ;-)

LR-130CC-Rhino_towing_Bowler_EXR.jpg

…with some nice VIP events like this launch of the all-new Range Rover Sport at LR Arc de Triomphe in Paris…

Bowler_Experience_Banner.jpg

…then the open workshop at mDesert Foxx (www.desertfoxxracing.com) where I also had Erik Brandenburg´s Porsche 911 Safari on display…

LR-130CC-Rhino_towing_Porsche_911_Safari.jpg

…then back on tour with the Bowler EXR…

LR-130CC-Rhino_towing_Bowler_EXR_at_Sandtler.jpg

…in between rallyes, picking up a new sequential gearbox for my friend Bernd´s VW T3 Syncro Rallybus, before returning the Porsche to be prepared for a desert rally in Tunisia…

LR-130CC-Rhino_towing_Porsche_911_at_Drenth_web960.jpg

…and finally picking up the new Bowler Defender…

LR-130CC-Rhino_towing_Bowler_Defender_web960.jpg

…the new entry level FIA T2 car…

Bowler_Defender_099_web960ss.jpg

…but more next week. I am sorting all images now to get the timeline right ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998