Any Glock owners out there?

PAyota

Observer
Well picked up my brand spanking new Glock 30 short frame today. Can't wait till I can run some rounds thru her. I already have a 17 that I bought used when I was 21 and have never had a problem with it. From what I've read the 30's are supposed to be one of the most accurate. Hope to find out tomorrow. Just something about a .45 that makes my trigger finger tingle. Anyone out there have a 30 or similar? How well does it shoot and how bad's the bark?

KEENO

Adventurer
.45 acp

I'm a Glock 30 owner.... Much firepower in a small package.... Function over Beauty!

KEENO:sombrero:

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
I have the 27 (.40 S&W) and I really like it. I still can't believe how accurate it is for such a small frame.

I just picked up the Crimson Trace for it. I'm still a proponent that 99% of your practice should be done with the fixed sights, but this is another tool in the bag for when it really counts. I especially like the fact that you can simply turn this model off whenever you want to train without it. And, the activation is intuitive and natural, without having to even think about it.

lg436.jpg

More info here.

Last edited:

PAyota

Observer
Got to break in the 30 today. Oh my God I love it. Always liked my 17 but there's no comparison. Definitely glad that I held out for the short frame. I had to wait almost 2 months but it was worth it. At 5'5" the grips still a little bulky but very close to the 17. The gunshop only had 1 box of .45 shells so I took my time and aimed today, no rapid fire, just trying to get the feel of her. Starting the tally, that makes 50 rds today, many,many more to come.

Last edited:

Lichen

Explorer
I have a model 27 for my concealed weapon, and a full sized model 22 for not so concealed. Love my Glocks.

ECVMatt

Observer
My most used camping gun is a 20 in 10mm

I really love that gun. I shoot is often and have even taken some pigs with it.

I also have a 17 and 31/22 multi-caliber.

Glocks are great.

Glad you like the 30.

Matt

RPDjeep

I have a Glock 26 and love it. I use it as my off-duty weapon. It is very accurate at the 25 yard line.

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
I've been through a lot of self-defense handguns, up to and including a lovely, and expensive, Novak Combat Commander. I always seem to come back to a Glock for my primary carry weapon, simply because I know it will always work. Also because I can detail strip it in five minutes, and replace any part for a few dollars. (One detail strip of an HK USP was enough for me.)

I have a 31 at the moment, but have owned 17s, 19s, and 32s as well, and a 36 for a short time. Every one functioned flawlessly.

Last edited:

Gone2Baja

Adventurer
I have several Glocks the 1st and 2nd gen guns fit my hand well. I love my 30 and 21's! The .45 does have a bark but my wife has no problem with it, all in all great pistols!
Good luck with yours!

PAyota

Observer
Good to hear from fellow Glockers. Shot my new 30 sf the other day as posted and loved it. Now I just gotta find more ammo. Seems like the local shops keep selling out as fast as they can get it. Oh well, I will find some this weekend. Don't care where I've gotta go. Happy shooting.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
I have a 23/19.

What's a 23/19? It's a 23 (compact .40 S&W) with a Storm Lake 9mm conversion barrel using G19 magazines.

I got the 23 in 2005 intending to use it as my CCW gun. However, I found the recoil with the .40 to be absolutely brutal - much worse than any .45 I've ever fired. The first time I took it to the range I fired maybe 1 or 2 magazines out of it and then put it away because my hand was stinging from the recoil.

I was almost to the point of selling it when I found the Storm Lake barrel over on http://www.topglock.com. $98 and about $5 for S&H and the difference was amazing. Now I can shoot inexpensive 9mm ammo much more easily, and if (for whatever reason) I want to switch back to .40, I can do it in about a minute (only changes are the bbl and magazine.)

I find the Glock to be rock solid and very reliable. Trigger pull is a little spongy/springy but it's consistently spongy and springy so at least it's something I can get used to.

As for ammo: There's been a shortage for quite a while. Hopefully the panic buying will stop and the manufacturers will have the chance to catch up.

PAyota

Observer
That sounds odd that the .40 kicks that much worse. Although looking at the ballistics it makes sense. Wonder what the 29 or 33 feels like?

ECVMatt

Observer
I had a 29 and loved it...

But I am a Lefty and my trigger finger kept hitting the slide lock and locking it open. I did not find the recoil that bad.

I switched to a Ruger SP 101 and it worked much better for me. I took a hit in terms of rounds on board, but it is 100% reliable and that is more important to me.

PAyota

Observer
You lefties have it rough. My Dad's left handed, you should see him shoot a flintlock. I don't know how he does it. The flashpan goes off right in his face. I have a hard enough time not flinching without having to deal with that. My buddy has a Ruger. I think its a 9mm, but not sure. I know he's real happy with it. I've got a Ruger 7mm rifle that I use for cross country shooting and never had a problem with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears