Any Glock owners out there?

MGRS

I switched to a Glock 19 from an IMI Jericho and never looked back. The 19 does everything I could want in a combat auto. I Concealed Carry it every day when I am not going to/from work (no POWs on post).

It now has 3300 rounds on it, 6 different brands of ammo- zero malfunctions. This is a good record.

I have mine set up with XS Big Dot (tritium front) sights, carry with a Comp Tac CTAC Kydex IWB holster and Kydex stiffened 1 1/2" leather belt. Carry ammo is Speer Gold Dot +P or Remington Golden Saber.

Martinjmpr- I find .40 to be considerably snappier than 9 or .45, but not punishing. Were you shooting +P

Glocks received a bad rap from the .40 cal models (mostly 22 and 23). They have historically been less reliable than 9 and .45, and are far more prone to the legendary Kaboom. .40 generates higher chamber pressures. Combine this with Glock's poorer case head support (have to trade something for reliability) and imperfect/low quality brass/out of spec reload, and you may see a case head failure, blowing the mag out of the weapon and splitting the frame.

Doc Gary

BUMP:::

I have a Glock 21SF .45cal and I love it. I have some toys to go with it and will post pics soon.

gage092879

Observer
that's funny about the 23. i have a 19 and a 23. i've had the 23 for about 8 or 9 years. second barrel on it and i just put 7200-7500 rnds throught it for the last 3 weeks. no problem with the recoil or anything else.

tmac

Adventurer
Just bought a used O.D. green 17:wings:. It is almost new, original owner bought it new 11/08 and only has 200 rds. thru it. I haven't got out to shoot it yet as I'm having trouble finding any good 9mm ammo for target shooting. I've shot some at ranges prior to buying this and they seem to do well. Didn't get this exact one, just pics to view it.

http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=132357780#PIC

T-hacha-P

Observer
I just got a 19! I love it. Not too many rounds through it yet--the one local place that had 9mm in stock was charging $30 for a box of 50. Ouch. Anyone remember that Chris Rock bit about making ammo expensive?

Layonnn

Adventurer
Picked up a new Glock 17RTF2 about a month ago. Put a couple hundred round through it already. The new textured grip is terrific. It's like having your hand velcroed to the gun.

DarkHelmet

Adventurer
A few...

- Glock 30: It was my first. I've had it 9 years. Love it.
- Glock 21
- Glock 17
- Glock 19
- Glock 19 OD
- Glock 22
- Glock 26

I love the Plastic Fantastic!

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
Bought my first a 19 in 98 and picked up a 26 today, funny both were purchased near my birthday some 11 years apart. :) Grip extension to come on the G26 as it's a bit short for my hands.

A

PAyota

Observer
Wow, Darkhelmet! Very nice collection. I must say, I'm a little jealous. As for the compacts I'm not a very big person and my 30 SF fits my hands perfectly. I could imagine it being small for taller people though.

SunTzuNephew

Explorer
Several - my wife and I normally carry G30SF's with G21 mags as backup. We occasionally carry G21's.

For the woods, I will normally carry a large-frame Smith in .44 mag, and my wife carries either a Smith 625 4" or a Colt SAA in .45LC. If we're not carrying rifles, that is.

RHINO

Expedition Leader
i almost bought one once, but the idea of a lightweight reliable high capacity pistol turned me off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78