ARB front bumper for late model Frontier

edsd90

Observer
Since the Frontier bumper isn't quite ready yet, they certainly aren't ready to finalize any pricing. Look up the price on an ARB Tacoma bumper, and you should be in the ballpark of what the Frontier bumper will cost.

Cypher

Full Time Traveler
Very cool Ed. Thanks for all the great info as always. This may change a few plans for me. I really like the look, design, and functionality of the ARBs.

edsd90

Observer
The Frontier front bumper was installed early this week. I won't go into all the details, but it took ARB quite an effort to design the US spec fit kit for the existing Navara bumper. An engineer came over with brackets they had designed in Australia, but had to do some custom fabrication here to finalize the fit.
The bumper and brackets are now pretty much ready for production. The bumper has been winch tested to 9500 pounds and it did not move at all. There are a few minor details to finish, for example mounting points for US license plates. Expect at least 3 months before you will see them ready to ship from ARB in Renton, Washington. Also expect this bumper to cost roughly the same as a Tacoma or similar bumper from ARB.
As is typical of their designs, the winch mounts foot forward with the solenoid pack designed to mount on the top of the bumper with a supplied bracket. You don't see the solenoid on my bumper, as I elected to remote mount it and install the remote control plug top and center on the bumper. This bumper does not have any recovery points, so you're on your own with those. They overlooked sending a trim panel that extends from the bottom of the bumper to just in front of the radiator, so the photos do not show the complete kit. I wanted to wait until I had this bumper installed before deciding on skid plates, so those are missing as well. Notice in the photos that the trim panel between the grill and OEM bumper needs to be trimmed just in front of the wheelwells before bumper installation.
The first image is before I mounted up my XD9000. Image two, winch mounted. Image three shows the fit kit brackets (I temporarily ran my winch line to the mounting point for the missing ARB trim panel until I get some recovery points installed). Images four and five, different angles.

Attachments

• P1020218.a.jpg
    P1020218.a.jpg
    337.3 KB · Views: 207
  • P1020228.a.jpg
    P1020228.a.jpg
    352.9 KB · Views: 165
  • P1020224.a.jpg
    P1020224.a.jpg
    369.7 KB · Views: 143
  • P1020230.a.jpg
    P1020230.a.jpg
    601.8 KB · Views: 168
  • P1020232.a.jpg
    P1020232.a.jpg
    408.3 KB · Views: 1,089

Cypher

Full Time Traveler
Oh man! That is awesome! I have been waiting a very long time to see what this was going to look like on your truck Ed. I love it! The mounting looks pretty good, I am going to have to get under my truck to get a better look. Thank you very much for your efforts and time. You are doing a huge favor to the Nissan community here. Keep us updated if anything thing else comes up.

:victory:

edsd90

Observer
Hattrik21 - Best advice I can give is to send ARB USA an email asking if it is compatible. I doubt it, but haven't compared the two vehicles side-by-side. It should be compatible with a Pathfinder however.

Last edited:

ARBTECH

Observer
Hi Guys,
thought I would clarify the brackets in relation to the Frontier, Pathfinder and Xterra. With Ed's truck pretty much sorted we digitally scanned the Xterra and late Pathfinder and found that the both the Pathfinder and Xterra will accept the same brackets. With the Pathfinder the standard Frontier (Navarra) bar will likely be used, though with slightly different instructions resulting from the one piece front bumper assembly on the Pathfinder. With the X the brackets may be slightly modified for the truck, but more importantly it will be getting it's own specific bumper as the fascia, grill and fenders are different enough so as the Navarra bar won't look right. I've seen some early renderings from the data done in Solid Works and expect the bumper for the X will be really nice. I have asked engineering to put an emphasis on approach angle and functionality for the X bumper as we do understand that many of these trucks are used off-road. I figure I might as well ask since we're starting from scratch on that one anyway!

Too early to give a timeline on the Xterra bumper, but I will keep everyone posted once we have a prototype in hand in a few weeks.
Marc
ARB USA Tech Manager

Marc, I am out of Aberdeen. Is there a chance I can get the bumper from you guys there in Renton, or am I going to have to get it through a dealer somewhere?

silentsamurai

Explorer
Thanks Ed and Mark for doing this. Lot's of potential with these frontier's. We just need more aftermarket parts. Glad ARB is stepping in. Love your products.

Adam
Orange,ca

ARBTECH

Observer
Coastal Defender,
we aren't set up to sell direct so you'll have to purchase from a dealer. That said, many of our dealers are happy to set up a will call pickup if you want to come by the office and pick up the bumper in person. It's a good way to save the shipping cost, especially if you have reason to come our direction anyway.
Marc

edsd90

Observer
There were a couple questions earlier that I can now answer.
1. Height of panel trim in front of wheel well to accomodate bumper? I measured as accurately as possible, which is a little challenging with the bumper in place. A template is provided which I don't have, but the cut appears to be 2" high. A close up photo is attached.
2. Will the Shrockworks Front Radiator Skid Plate fit? Yes, I just installed it today. After installing it, it's almost like the skid plate was designed for this bumper. When I first looked at it early this week, I thought it would take some alterations to either the skid plate or the ARB brackets. I decided to test fit it today to see if it was at all possible, and to my surprise found it fit perfect. It tucks up inside the ARB bumper mounting brackets and was a shoehorn fit, but worked with no modifications. I've attached a couple images.

Attachments

• bumper side view.jpg
    bumper side view.jpg
    319.1 KB · Views: 131
  • skid plate attachment.jpg
    skid plate attachment.jpg
    482.1 KB · Views: 109
  • skid plate installed.jpg
    skid plate installed.jpg
    334.8 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

Forum statistics