ARB front bumper for late model Frontier

Applejack

Explorer
Looks awesome Ed!:Wow1: I really like how it's allowed you to keep you fog lamps. I was curious if you were going to have to ditch your skid plate, but it looks like it's a fit. :victory: Are you taking your "Frontie" or your 90 for the McGrew prerun?

edsd90

Observer
The McGrew scouting trip is going to be a fast moving affair, so definitely the "Frontie". This Summer's trip is a PCRC run, and a week long, so that'll be in the D90.
I'm looking forward to exploring that area with you and Kjell this Spring, and getting a chance to test this new bumber and winch set up on your Taco. :)

edsd90

Observer
To mount the ARB bumper, the valence panel between the bumper and grill gets trimmed just in front of each wheelwell, and a template is provided. The grill itself could be removed with the bumper in place, since it just has several plastic clips holding it in place and they are accessed by opening the hood.

hattrik21

Adventurer
I guess I should have said bumper and not grill but your trimming it so I think thats what I was looking for to answer my question.

edsd90

Observer
Just so it is clear, to install the ARB bumper, everything on the front below the valence is removed. That includes the stock bumper and everything behind it to the frame horns. The US crash beam that mounts to the frame horns comes off, and the ARB bumper has crash protection built into it's mounting kit.
If any detail shots are desired, I can shoot and post them as requested.

Kjell Sullivan

Observer
The ARB stuff is simply gorgeous. I like my Shrockworks, but the ARB bumpers are definitely more refined. And they have more of that Safari or Outback look to them which I like a lot.:drool:
I think you are making a lot of people jealous haha.

hattrik21

Adventurer
Hi Guys,
thought I would clarify the brackets in relation to the Frontier, Pathfinder and Xterra. With Ed's truck pretty much sorted we digitally scanned the Xterra and late Pathfinder and found that the both the Pathfinder and Xterra will accept the same brackets. With the Pathfinder the standard Frontier (Navarra) bar will likely be used, though with slightly different instructions resulting from the one piece front bumper assembly on the Pathfinder. With the X the brackets may be slightly modified for the truck, but more importantly it will be getting it's own specific bumper as the fascia, grill and fenders are different enough so as the Navarra bar won't look right. I've seen some early renderings from the data done in Solid Works and expect the bumper for the X will be really nice. I have asked engineering to put an emphasis on approach angle and functionality for the X bumper as we do understand that many of these trucks are used off-road. I figure I might as well ask since we're starting from scratch on that one anyway!

Too early to give a timeline on the Xterra bumper, but I will keep everyone posted once we have a prototype in hand in a few weeks.
Marc
ARB USA Tech Manager

I can't wait for more news as I've been waiting for a bumper for 3 years.

edsd90

Observer
I took two photos of the ARB bumper mounts. The first is an outside shot, and the second inside. These brackets are gray, since they were the first set and custom fabricated, and were spray painted rather than powdercoated. The crushable sections of these brackets are clearly visible.
ARB first crush tested all of the stock US bumper and crash beam components so they could determine the forces designed into the system by Nissan. Then they design brackets specific for our vehicles with crushable brackets to match.
Following the mounting of the bumper, it was winch tested by ARB with a Warn 9500 to insure there was no movement under stress.

Attachments

• ARB mount outside.jpg
    ARB mount outside.jpg
    338.7 KB · Views: 105
  • ARB mount inside.jpg
    ARB mount inside.jpg
    506.8 KB · Views: 76

sami

Explorer
This is such great news. I'm so stoked to get one of these on my Xterra.. Hopefully i'll be the first in the state of Utah.. I got connections ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan