AT web-site updates

TEJASYOTA

Adventurer
Love that new composite trailer!!!
Now that is a trailer that my wife would not mind climbing into. :)

OlympiaFJ60

Adventurer
Great additions to your product line. For the heater, are you a stocking dealer now? This looks like the most compact solution to the roof top and trailer tents.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Martyn:
Nice job on the site and quick work. You must have been crunching to get all that posted that quickly.

Looks great!

Dendy

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Great additions to your product line. For the heater, are you a stocking dealer now? This looks like the most compact solution to the roof top and trailer tents.

Yes we will be stocking dealers. As such we will be ordering in multiples of five units. As they are air freighted from overseas we will be taking pre-orders to help with the cash flow. So if you want one don't leave it until the last moment as the time lapse from order to delivery is at least two weeks.

I'm also working on a portable unit, but that's a little ways out.

Martyn

Martyn:
Nice job on the site and quick work. You must have been crunching to get all that posted that quickly.

Looks great!

Dendy

The updates went surprisingly smoothly, I must be accumulating more knowledge than I am forgetting.

The hardest part was editing the video and compressing it.

sdjeep

Adventurer
I must say, you keep coming up with product's which make me want to take a second mortage out on the house! Both the new trailers are just awesome!

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
Those look great, you guys should be very proud. I really like the Tear Drop and I was very surprised to see it (Even knowing how much Mario likes them).

How dust proof is the Galley door on it? I would think that could be a major issue with the opening from the galley to the sleeping area. In the pictures, it appears as though there is little or no gasket on the edges of the galley door. Is this correct, or is it just hard to see?

highlandercj-7

Explorer
Martyn - What's the deal on the new MAX coupler? I can see the pitch and roll movements look smooth, But how is it designed for the yaw? Is there a berring assy between the std reciever and the mount plate for the coupler?

maxcoupler2.jpg

Last edited:

Martyn

Martyn - What's the deal on the new MAX coupler? I can see the pitch and roll movements look smooth, But how is it designed for the yaw? Is there a berring assy between the std reciever and the mount plate for the coupler?

maxcoupler2.jpg

Yes, that's correct.

325px-Flight_dynamics_with_text.png

The yaw is achieved by the vehicle end of the coupler rotating on the ball mount. There is a bearing below the coupler that allows the rotation. It's a very simple but slick set up.

pygmyowl

I have the "Lock & Roll" type coupler that I purchased with my AT Horizon. I was just curious what the benefits of the new "Max Coupler" are over my coupler & also what the grease zerk is for?

Scott MacButch

Martyn

I have the "Lock & Roll" type coupler that I purchased with my AT Horizon. I was just curious what the benefits of the new "Max Coupler" are over my coupler & also what the grease zerk is for?

Scott MacButch

The MAX coupler is a lot tighter than the L&R, so there is less play in the 3 pivot points. Play can result is sway in some cases.

The zerk fitting is to lubricate the horizontal pivot point. The L&R can only be lubricated by squirting grease inside the tube to lubricate the knuckle.

Both are good couplers.

Willman

The MAX coupler is a lot tighter than the L&R, so there is less play in the 3 pivot points. Play can result is sway in some cases.

The zerk fitting is to lubricate the horizontal pivot point. The L&R can only be lubricated by squirting grease inside the tube to lubricate the knuckle.

Both are good couplers.

Very cool hitch......Who makes them?

Wonder how they compair in pricing between them?

:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan