AT web-site updates

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Very cool hitch......Who makes them?

Wonder how they compair in pricing between them?

:)

They are made by CUAMCO, a local company.

Pricing on the MAX is $205.00, and the L&R is $207.00

I have some pre production units for $179.00. They are fully certified just cosmetically a little "challenged".

shogun

Adventurer
Arriving late to the party on this one, I am curious;

What is it that these "couplers" do that a pintle setup cant?

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
Those look great, you guys should be very proud. I really like the Tear Drop and I was very surprised to see it (Even knowing how much Mario likes them).

How dust proof is the Galley door on it? I would think that could be a major issue with the opening from the galley to the sleeping area. In the pictures, it appears as though there is little or no gasket on the edges of the galley door. Is this correct, or is it just hard to see?

Repost, as I think it was lost on the bottom of the other page.

Martyn

Arriving late to the party on this one, I am curious;

What is it that these "couplers" do that a pintle setup cant?

Pintle is a "loose" connection, can cause sway so the recommended highway speed is limited to 55 mph.

The pintal has 45° of movement and then it binds. Rotational pintles offer free movement in "roll" only.

The play between the pintle and eye is noisy and can damage the chassis and drive train of the tow vehicle.

Multi axis couplers have virtually unlimited movement in all planes, the connection is solid, and stable at high speeds.

gabepari

Explorer
Repost, as I think it was lost on the bottom of the other page.

Last trip was 90 miles of dusty road (Bradshaw Trail), there was almost zero dust in the galley (just a little at the base of the fridge area), and absolutely zero dust in the sleeping area. On the last morning of the trip, I forgot to close one of the windows and it got fairly dusty inside (that was my bad), but no so much that you couldn't just dust it out and climb in for bed.

The seals are there, just hard to see in photos. I have made a few adjustments to the lower seal that should keep those last few particles, that did make it in, OUT.

Gabe

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
Last trip was 90 miles of dusty road (Bradshaw Trail), there was almost zero dust in the galley (just a little at the base of the fridge area), and absolutely zero dust in the sleeping area. On the last morning of the trip, I forgot to close one of the windows and it got fairly dusty inside (that was my bad), but no so much that you couldn't just dust it out and climb in for bed.

The seals are there, just hard to see in photos. I have made a few adjustments to the lower seal that should keep those last few particles, that did make it in, OUT.

Gabe

Thanks Gabe. I appreciate your help and like your Tear Drops. Welcome to ExPo and I'm sure you've figured out that your in good company with M&M.

ECVMatt

Observer
I have a son who is quadrapalegic..

I would like to say thanks for considering handicapped people in you design.

We have a Horizon right now, but he is getting pretty heavy to lift up into the RTT. We might be looking at the Composite soon.

Any word on pricing?

Thanks,

Matt

Martyn

I would like to say thanks for considering handicapped people in you design.

We have a Horizon right now, but he is getting pretty heavy to lift up into the RTT. We might be looking at the Composite soon.

Any word on pricing?

Thanks,

Matt

Working on it. Should have it posted on the site before the end of the week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan