Back in a 60

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
I love your photos Kristian. Can you give me a hint on how you are uploading them to get to the size they are appearing as. Even with 3.5 mb files my pictures are only about 1/3 the image size of yours. Any ideas? Thanks

I use Photobucket and I upload directly from my phone using the app. Its pretty user friendly and using the IMG tags is how I get the size you see. Hope that helps.

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
I've said it elsewhere and I will say it again here: That is one good looking 60.

It is funny howI have been in love with 60's since the 80's, I am on my 3rd 60 and 6th Landcruiser and I've been living out of one for nearly 4 years and I still see one and say: damn, that is a fine looking rig!

Congrats K. Now let's get some Wagongear stuff in there :wings:

Thanks Luis! You guys have been giving me plenty of inspiration as of late. Either the 80 or the 60 is going to become our travelling rig. This summer is a bit hectic with the move and the baby coming up, hoping to have some time in August to really start setting up the 60. Our long term plan is to use one of the trucks to drive the length of the Americas, in segments when we have chunks of time, then putting into storage till we return. Not sure the feasibility of doing it that way yet but working on it. ;-) In the meantime I see a trip into Baja next spring in this 60's future as well as some western US adventures.

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Funny, I was recommended JH but no one answered the phone when I called. Have you just done alignment via tape measure? I have never tried it. Maybe we could give it a shot. You haven't seen it because I have been out of town most of the last month. I took it on one trip to CO, and left it home on the second. My fiance has been driving it occasionally, for the odd garage sale hunt but we typically are either driving her Outback or my STi around town. If you see a black STi with a Michigan plate give a wave. In Oregon right now though till the 22nd. Looking forward to seeing your projects!

Funny, there is a new tan Cruiser in town this summer. I thought it may be yours but now I am sure it is not. On about 35's and looks to be SOA, real nice looking FJ60!

Ya', just tape measure in the driveway. I have always had good results, I got's a manual and a tape measure. Anytime you want to give it a go drop me a line.

Cheers

Guydudebro

I use Photobucket and I upload directly from my phone using the app. Its pretty user friendly and using the IMG tags is how I get the size you see. Hope that helps.

Thanks Kristian,
I do the same thing but upon looking closer I had my upload preferences set to 640. I bumped that up and they look better now.

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Funny, there is a new tan Cruiser in town this summer. I thought it may be yours but now I am sure it is not. On about 35's and looks to be SOA, real nice looking FJ60!

Ya', just tape measure in the driveway. I have always had good results, I got's a manual and a tape measure. Anytime you want to give it a go drop me a line.

Cheers

Yeah, I have seen that one around quite a bit as well. That one looks alot nicer than mine. I am down to do the driveway alignment, would love to have an expert set of eyes to get it right. Looks like I will be back to Jackson the 24th or 25th for a few days. Want to dial the alignment before I order any new rubber.

asmith2081

Everything FJ60
Sorry if I missed it in the thread, but what engine is in your 60? Sounds like you are very happy with it.

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Sorry if I missed it in the thread, but what engine is in your 60? Sounds like you are very happy with it.

It is a stock 2F. This isn't a daily driver for me, though it kind has been serving me in that purpose since I have been travelling a total of about 4 weeks with it so far, will be 5 by the time I get back to Jackson. I am hoping to keep the truck simple and light so I don't sacrifice too much in the way of drivability and economy. Obviously it will come with some compromises but I do enjoy driving it the way it is right now. I have yet to do anything technical with it, so I am curious to see how it goes the first time it does any serious off road duty.

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Well, I am due for an update on this thread. It is now August and we no longer have the 60. The vehicle served me well and we used it for a bunch of outings prior to our baby arriving as well as a trip to Colorado, a trip to Oregon and serving as a moving vehicle.

The fact of the matter was it was going to need a bunch of attention soon, having 240,000 miles on it. With our new little fella Kruz born on July 19th I decided we needed a fuss free, reliable, modern, safe, comfortable, and capable replacement vehicle to use as a daily driver for me and for our upcoming planned trips to Alaska, Mexico, as well as our southwestern adventures. The 60 exceeded my expectations in comfort and ride. It was plenty capable as well, but even though built like a tank, the fact is, it is an older truck. Though mechanically simple, it would need work from time to time, and some big stuff right off the bat. I love traveling and exploring. For me the vehicle is the means to do the stuff I love. I do enjoy working on my stuff from time to time but I would rather be spending my time out doing stuff than fussing around with a truck. So, the 60 is gone.... and who knows, when we have more means maybe we will have another but for now, we went with the FJ60's antithesis..... a vehicle I never really cared for, but after much consideration, than a test drive, began to respect immensely. That will be for another thread though.

In the meantime, here is a collection of photos taken since my last update in June with the 60.

McKenzie Pass Oregon

Idaho

Dealing with a puncture in Craters of the Moon

Oregon Coast relaxing

Another shot from Craters of the Moon

Sunset in Craters of the Moon on the night of the super moon, seemed like the perfect place to see it.

More Idaho love

Near Gunsight Pass WY

Last edited:

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
You might recognize some of these shots from the Pangaea Expeditions Facebook page. I have been contributing there since June and the 60 was the primary subject to alot of photos.

On the way up Bald Peak in the Wyoming Range

Wide open places

Along Granite Creek, WY

Last edited:

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I'll try not to judge you on the FJ for "FJ" thing. I won't worry about it, but I will be sad your 60 didn't find its way to my house! Great photos though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan