Best sub $100 air compressor?

ssssnake529

Explorer
Which ARB compressor do you have? How satisfied with its tire filling ability are you? I'm in the market for a compressor for my rear ARB and to air my tires back up.

I have the portable, single compressor.

http://store.arbusa.com/ARB-Portable-High-Performance-12-Volt-Air-Compressor-CKMP12-P3573C9.aspx

It works great. I don't have huge tires on my truck (33 inch mud tires) but this compressor airs them up just fine. I have no complaints. The box is nice. I keep tire repair stuff in it as well as the compressor.

Wyowanderer

Explorer
Contact your Congress members and demand an explanation for the decline in the dollar's value. Your dollar is worth less than it was 5 years ago. Please look for the "Gold and Silver" thread to understand more fully why that is. Sorry, I promise not to bring it up here anymore, as I am interested in getting a compressor myself.

Should I get a compressor like that or a battery jump pack that has one incorporated into it?
Not sure which jump packyou're referring to, but I'd encourage you to skip it and buy the compressor, it's probably a better unit.

khronus79

Adventurer
Found this site selling them for $57.48 including shipping.
However, they have it named "Hangyi Heavy Duty 8 Gallon 150 PSI Air Compressor w/ Tire Kit", but in their pictures it clearly shows "superflow mv-50"

khronus79

Adventurer
^^ that's what I was looking at, didn't want to post a link or website until I was sure it was the right product.

alfio

Adventurer
Contact your Congress members and demand an explanation for the decline in the dollar's value. Your dollar is worth less than it was 5 years ago. Please look for the "Gold and Silver" thread to understand more fully why that is. Sorry, I promise not to bring it up here anymore, as I am interested in getting a compressor myself.

the huge price jump on these is not a result of inflation (or the decline of the dollar's value). these have gone up 50% in the past 12 months, has the dollar been weakened that much? no. this is an example of greed, they ask more for it because they can get it. i guarantee you the chinese workers putting these together did not get a 50% raise (in fact, their wages went the other way)

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
AFAIK the MV-50 has been around $60 for several years. And again, if you can find a better compressor for the current price, let us know, I'd be eager to hear about it.

jluck

Adventurer
Who would have ever though such a low buck item topic would have so much banter.....spend the 60,70,80 or ??, and be done with it. jeez.....when a compressor is really needed who is really going to give a crap if it was 60 or 100 buck if it works....:bigbossHL:

alfio

Adventurer
Who would have ever though such a low buck item topic would have so much banter.....spend the 60,70,80 or ??, and be done with it. jeez.....when a compressor is really needed who is really going to give a crap if it was 60 or 100 buck if it works....:bigbossHL:

yeah man, sure don't want people discussing things on a *forum*.... jeesh

eric1115

Adventurer

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
This thread kick started my research on compressors and OBA again. I don't go offroad a lot, but do travel in the Jeep a lot and tow trailers etc? Nice to have for the Mountain bikes too. I have been planning on a compressor of some description for ages, and now have an MV-50 I am buying off of another ExPo Portal member.

Cant wait to start airing down just so I can air back up again!

jluck

Adventurer
I digress....discussion is great. especially helpful when a air compressor thread is started and it gets taken to politics and slave labor...

WOW....now I'm doing it.....
anyways here's the "Q" for 46.00 shipped.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Q-Industrie...0567020032&pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&vxp=mtr

Yea I goofed. I was looking at many different compressors trying to actually help the OP and offer usable contribution to the thread but answers to questions are not what allot of people on this forum are looking for anyway....

WCO

It's Lil' Willi
Hey, has anyone hooked one of those compressors up to a tank with a pressure switch? I've got a 5 gallon tank smiling at me from the corner of my shop.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears