Boreas XT

stevo_pct

Question on winterizing, is it possible to get all of the water out of the tank? I took mine to a hill to get an even steeper angle than I could get by raising the toungue jack all the way up. It seemed like there was still a bit of water in the tank (not sure how much, maybe a gallon or so?).

How much antifreeze do I need to add given that it will be diluted by the residual water in the tank?

Boreas Campers

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
Question on winterizing, is it possible to get all of the water out of the tank? I took mine to a hill to get an even steeper angle than I could get by raising the toungue jack all the way up. It seemed like there was still a bit of water in the tank (not sure how much, maybe a gallon or so?).

How much antifreeze do I need to add given that it will be diluted by the residual water in the tank?
We put about 4-5 jugs in.

Furb

Noticed the additional cabin exoskeleton bracing at all the corners and top rail crease. Also looks like you might be using slightly wider aluminum bar as well? As a 2022 XT owner, wondering if there is anything I should be aware of regarding strength or issues with the previous cabin exoskeleton that led to this updated design? I have a 135lb RTT on mine (with the required 4 roof rack crossbars) with 2 adults sleeping in it, but am thinking of swapping to a full-length wedge style RTT (with your roof rack riser kit) that comes in at 175lbs. Anything I should be concerned about?

Love the camper so far, by the way! Drove it from VA to Colorado and back this summer with the family to properly break it in.

Boreas Campers

Noticed the additional cabin exoskeleton bracing at all the corners and top rail crease. Also looks like you might be using slightly wider aluminum bar as well? As a 2022 XT owner, wondering if there is anything I should be aware of regarding strength or issues with the previous cabin exoskeleton that led to this updated design? I have a 135lb RTT on mine (with the required 4 roof rack crossbars) with 2 adults sleeping in it, but am thinking of swapping to a full-length wedge style RTT (with your roof rack riser kit) that comes in at 175lbs. Anything I should be concerned about?

Love the camper so far, by the way! Drove it from VA to Colorado and back this summer with the family to properly break it in.
Furb, you have nothing to worry about. This was a change purely for our manufacturing process. We did not have problems with the past expo design and we still back it up with our lifetime warranty on the exo and chassis! You will be just fine with either RTT that you put up there!

Sounds like a heck of a break in trip!

Thanks for the questions!

Furb

Thanks for confirming! I hadn't heard or seen of any problems from anyone, and it didn't break a sweat with my current setup, but figured I'd double check with you guys before making any changes.

A week outside Aspen then a week in the San Juan Mountains made for a great trip and really appreciated having the Boreas as our base camp.

Boreas Campers

Thanks for confirming! I hadn't heard or seen of any problems from anyone, and it didn't break a sweat with my current setup, but figured I'd double check with you guys before making any changes.

A week outside Aspen then a week in the San Juan Mountains made for a great trip and really appreciated having the Boreas as our base camp.
Thanks for double checking! Always here to answer questions!

Sounds great! Email any photos you would like to share to adam@boreascampers.com!

Boreas Campers

Hey All, just wanted to let you know we have reintroduced our base model-the AT. $27,900 and you can read about it here!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan